No announcement yet.

Embarrassed to be a Shocker Fan...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oftentimes, the round cookies are the best.

Comment

I'll tell you what I hate most about the fair weather fans! They all have to make an exit from Koch arena before the game is over! I've seen people leaving at least 7 to 8 minutes early. What really gripes my soul is the last home game we played and 1/2 of the arena cleared out early. True fans stay to the end! I'm what most of you would call an "old lady" but I've been a season ticket holder for years and a regular attender for 40+ years & I say true Shocker fans never say, "Quit" The team and coaches need our support now more than ever! :clap: :clap:

Comment

Comment

Shockernet is the only sports internet message board that I've been on, and I've been on a lot of them, where it is NOT okay to in any way shape or form criticize anything about the program without others tellin you that are not a real fan, I've never seen anything like it.

edit spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Wheaties
            Shockernet is the only sports internet message board that I've been on, and I've been on a lot of them, where it is NOT okay to in any way shape or form critisize anything about the program without others tellin you that are not a real fan, I've never seen anything like it.
            This message board is moderated tightly!

T

...8)

Comment

Also, at this point, bandwagon fans aren't going to the game, they are giving their tickets away and not going at all with no intention of renewing next year. If you are still going to games, you are a cool with me, even if you leave 2 minutes early when we are losing by 10 in overtime.

Comment

That has nothing to do with the Mods Cold.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Since we're trying to place blame here, maybe we can place some on Turgeon! After all he brought our program to great heights then, as a friend of mine said, he promptly left us in the condition he found us in! I say, give Coach Marshall a chance and he'll raise the bar even higher.

Comment

Originally posted by tbaldwin14
                    Since we're trying to place blame here, maybe we can place some on Turgeon! After all he brought our program to great heights then, as a friend of mine said, he promptly left us in the condition he found us in! I say, give Coach Marshall a chance and he'll raise the bar even higher.
                    I don't think it was Turgeon's game plan to leave us that way. He just got an offer he didn't think he was going to get and felt he had better not turn down. Be realistic. In his shoes, wouldn't you have done the same (given the money and the timing)? You may have been unhappy about the way things transpired, but if you didn't take the BCS job then, you might never get another chance. I don't blame him for leaving, but I don't have to like the way it played out (and frankly I don't think MT liked it all that much either). And WHY DO WE HAVE TO BLAME ANYONE. The season is what it is. We have to be big boys and accept it, but hope for better things next year.

Comment

Re: Embarrassed to be a Shocker Fan...

Originally posted by emcfizzle
                      ...and it's not because of the piling losses, the coaching decisions, or the way our team has played lately. It's the FANS. What a bunch of whiney fair weather fans this lot is. Maybe the success of two years ago was a bad thing?? Now we are stuck with a bunch of front runner fans who are looking to jump ship at the first sign of trouble. Good riddance to you!!

I've been going to Shocker games since I moved to Wichita, over 20 years ago. After some success, we had a bad stretch (the nineties). I was more proud to be a fan during this time than I am today. The 6,000-8,000 fans from that era had class- even while our team sucked. Now we have a fan base that at home boo's every call (and I mean EVERY call), regardless of whether it was the correct one. We have fans that criticize every move the coach makes, some even hoping he leaves after one year. We also have fans that attack players unmercifully; hoping players quit, transfer, or or are asked to leave. Constructive criticism is ok, but a lot of you posters are out of control.

Did we really have expectations that we were going to win the Valley this year? This is year one (1) with our new coach. For the most part these our not his players. He is still trying to implement his system. If we still suck in 3-4 years, I'll be the guy leading the charge for change (I'll even bring the sign ;-) ). Until then, I say we give the guy a chance.

As for you front runners, don't let the door hit you on the a$$ on your way out.
                      As someone who was in the 6-8,000 crowds I remember Shocker teams and coaches being booed into the locker room for poor efforts, so I wouldn't give much clout to your "class" argument. There's nothing "fair weather" about caring enough about your team to ***** about them when they suck. A fair weather fan would be sporting his/her Jayhawk gear or KState hoodie about now.
                      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Or wearing a bag on thier head.....

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                          Or wearing a bag on thier head.....
                          You got me there! The guys down at the shop I work in think it looks funny under my hat, but an improvement over my face. Oh well, no one in Nevada follows the Shox.
                          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Dave "The Rave" was on Sports Daily this morning. When asked about his reactions as he was watching tthe game, Dave said something to the effect that his wife was wondering what was all the noise and comotion about down their in the basement. The way Dave expressed it you could tell he probably let a few choice words fly during the meltdown.

So maybe if the Greatest Shocker of all time was frustrated you could cut us lil' ol' nobodies a little slack too.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                              That has nothing to do with the Mods Cold.
                              I should have taken more time to explain why I said what I said.

Shockernet is a culture created around the fact that very little latitude is allowed in posting (compared to other message boards). Heck, I just learned today that there are special rules that apply only to me! :D I have seen fans of other programs come on here and critique our program harshly and end up promptly banned. There just isn't a lot of room allowed for hijinx and tomfoolery on Shockernet. Take me for example, I have been a contributor on Shockernet for probably 8+ years and bleed black and gold as richly as anybody, however I function in a perpetual state of being just a couple keystrokes away from banishment. *cue violins* I probably deserve it though... ;-)

You can't discuss rumors, you can't discuss this, you can't discuss that... an environment like this is conducive to building a population of very obedient, orderly posters (a very rare trait found on the consequence-free internet). This very tight-knit group of posters who feel it is their duty to rid the environment of anyone who strays too far from the status quo become an extension of the machine and diversity/creativity suffers.

So in conclusion...

I believe that while the moderating policies do not directly maintain an environment that frequently punishes the dissenters, they have so indirectly.

That being said, I still enjoy posting here from time to time! :clap:

Disclaimer: I have been known to be totally full of B.S.

T

...8)

Comment

As I've said before, never tell a fan how to be a fan.
                                I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

Working...
                                X