No announcement yet.

Shaq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If any one of our post players can consistently demand a double team AND can get the position to catch on a regular basis we will be very good.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Dunking everything against over-matched high school competition is one thing. I doubt that he will be dunking everything at the D-1 level. However, Shaq seemingly has some decent offensive skills he can use so he can be effective without the need to dunk everything.

The real key to how much Shaq plays this year will be his defense and rebounding. Will he be able to defend adequately without fouling? Will he be a ball-getter on the boards? Will he take care of the ball?

I really don't know the answers right now, but if he is going to play those questions will need to be answered in the affirmative at some point.

Of course, that can be said about pretty much our entire front court with the exception of Darius who we know will be key player. Obviously Shaq, Rauno, Bush, Tevin and Rashard have a tremendous opportunity in front of them to earn PT. The competition should be fierce and should make them all better. This will be very interesting to watch as it unfolds.
      Let's hope it's not this kind of dunking...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
        If any one of our post players can consistently demand a double team AND can get the position to catch on a regular basis we will be very good.
        Paging Darius Carter, paging Mr. Carter.
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
          Let's hope it's not this kind of dunking...

If that counts than I'm in he running for starting position.

Comment

Carter will be fine and should be significantly better than last year. Unfortunately, since our out-of conference season is where our difficult games are, our in-experience back-ups do not have the luxury of having much time to slowly develop. But, if anyone can do it, I'm confident that GM will have them as prepared as possible to step-up and perform right from the very first game.

All we need for them to be early on is adequate to good, and to learn from their game mistakes til they start hitting their stride as the post season nears.

Comment

i'm just glad that wichita state has that size again, like when they went to the final four or when they won the nit. they were actually a bit short last year, by their standards: 6'9", 6'8", 6'7" frontline. uk exploited that (as they did to many other teams, especially come tourney time).

7'0" (wamukota), 6'10" (nurger), 6'8" (morris), 6'7" (carter) is more their style under marsall- and i probably forgot a player or two at that. this is the size we need to get back to again after one year off from it. i'm actually holding out hope that the frontcourt can SOMEWHAT match the backcourt for production. 'frontcourt looks kinda impressive to me, on paper. oh, i know.. i forgot to mention rashard kelly (surely he will NOT redshirt?).

Comment

Glass and Hamilton are also 6-8 and 6-9 respectively.
                Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                  Glass and Hamilton are also 6-8 and 6-9 respectively.
                  thank you, kind sir.

'shocker front line, after one year hiatus, relatively speaking (although the team was AWESOME last year), is back in black.

Comment

The first time Shaq dunks on a major big, I'm gonna mess my trousers. Have a Shaqccident of sorts.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      I wonder if Shaq will be in the 9-man rotation.
                      What nine-man rotation?

The NIT champs had 10 guys who played between 13.6 and 26.1 minutes per game, so Marshall has shown in the past that he doesn't hesitate to go deep if the talent and circumstances support doing so. This year, we can probably anticipate that between them Baker, Cotton, FVV, and Carter will fill a majority of the team's 200 minutes per game, but with all the new guys, the rotations could include a lot of players -- quite possibly more than usual.

Comment

Just watching Shaq on the bench last year was a joy. If his antics on the bench indicate anything that he could be doing on the court, I expect him to get a few Technicals this year for just being a goofball. This guy will be a joy to watch if he gets some significant minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                          Just watching Shaq on the bench last year was a joy. If his antics on the bench indicate anything that he could be doing on the court, I expect him to get a few Technicals this year for just being a goofball. This guy will be a joy to watch if he gets some significant minutes.
                          If that's the case, I'm sure Marshall will have him all straightened out.

Comment

@Shaq_Morris: Good morning

Looking good in his avatar photo with JR. Check it out on Twitter if you can.
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
                            X