• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shaq is gonna be the man.,

Comment

The Love Shaq?

Comment

Okay...I love me some Shaq as much as the next guy. I mean, the dude is 6-7 or 6-8 and 250+ with great hands, quick feat, explosive jumping ability, and he dunks everything! What are YOUR expectations for Shaq?

I'm thinking 5-15 minutes, 3 points 2 rebounds, and a few highlight real dunks. I also expect he will miss his assignment on occasion and be in and out of the dog house throughout the year.
        Livin the dream

Comment

I just can't wait to see him in a game, it will be fun to watch how he developes. I think if he has the same dedication as the big three then everything will be very positive...can't wait, we could all be shaqoholics by the end of his four years...

Comment

If he has a great year, it'll be Shaqtastic.

Comment

In addition to "he dunks everything", Shaq has some post moves and some shooting range. As a RS Fr, I see potential for 10 and 6 from Shaq this year. I agree with the previous poster about possibly missing some assignments and possibly being the leader into the doghouse. I think I have legitimate resons for that expectation. He's a Fr who could see extensive minutes on the court, and you know what they say about Fr, "the best thing about Fr is that they become So's".
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                In addition to "he dunks everything", Shaq has some post moves and some shooting range. As a RS Fr, I see potential for 10 and 6 from Shaq this year. I agree with the previous poster about possibly missing some assignments and possibly being the leader into the doghouse. I think I have legitimate resons for that expectation. He's a Fr who could see extensive minutes on the court, and you know what they say about Fr, "the best thing about Fr is that they become So's".
                If Shaq is getting 10 and 6, expect some transfers. Unless you meant 10 games with 6 minutes. I am very high on this guy, but he gets 10 and 6 regularly and he is Valley FOY.
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                  If Shaq is getting 10 and 6, expect some transfers. Unless you meant 10 games with 6 minutes. I am very high on this guy, but he gets 10 and 6 regularly and he is Valley FOY.
                  What if he gets 10 and 6 regularly and loses out on Valley FoY to a teammate?

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    ...I see potential ...
                    Just wanted to emphasize one specific part of my post.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      What if he gets 10 and 6 regularly and loses out on Valley FoY to a teammate?
                      If he is playing enough to get 10 and 6, then I don't know what other freshman would be getting enough playing time to compete for FoY.

Comment

If Shaq manages 10 and 6 more than occasionally on a Marshall team with Baker, FVV, and Cotton, he would be not just the freshman, but the revelation of the year. How many times did Carter give WSU that combo last season? So it could happen, and I hope it does -- but I think we're far more likely to see those numbers from Carter in any given game.

Comment

I wonder if Shaq will be in the 9-man rotation.

Comment

Shaq-Fu
                            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                              I just can't wait to see him in a game, it will be fun to watch how he developes. I think if he has the same dedication as the big three then everything will be very positive...can't wait, we could all be shaqoholics by the end of his four years...
                              I have been dedicated to consuming all the beer in the world, but unfortunately even with dedication, tenacity and lots of practice, there is much left to be accomplished.
                              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Dunking everything against over-matched high school competition is one thing. I doubt that he will be dunking everything at the D-1 level. However, Shaq seemingly has some decent offensive skills he can use so he can be effective without the need to dunk everything.

The real key to how much Shaq plays this year will be his defense and rebounding. Will he be able to defend adequately without fouling? Will he be a ball-getter on the boards? Will he take care of the ball?

I really don't know the answers right now, but if he is going to play those questions will need to be answered in the affirmative at some point.

Of course, that can be said about pretty much our entire front court with the exception of Darius who we know will be a key player. Obviously Shaq, Rauno, Bush, Tevin and Rashard have a tremendous opportunity in front of them to earn PT. The competition should be fierce and should make them all better. This will be very interesting to watch as it unfolds.
                                Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 10, 2014, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X