Matt fr yr 32 games 14.3 min fg 48.4% 43.4 % from 3 FT % 61.1
    Gal fr yr 31 games 13 min fg 44.3% 35.4 % from 3 FT % 64.7

Matt ast 1.5 TO 1.0 ppg 3.9
    Gal ast 1.7 TO 1.4 ppg 4

Matt So yr 35 games 24 min fg 37.6% 30.1 % from 3 FT % 70
    Gal So yr 27 games 32.6 min fg 36% 28.3 % from 3 FT % 87.3

Matt ast 2.7 TO 1.3 ppg 5.4
    Gal ast 3.9 TO 2.7 ppg 10

So can ANYONE GIVE ME a real reason the sentiment of the board all yr has been Gal Sucks , Gal turns it over , Gal wont pass it off Gal shouldn't shoot that shot ?? I'm just sayin I see it that way on the .net Lots of bashin of Individuals and not the reality of accepting that they are FAILING as a TEAM !!!!! NO ONE PLAYER SINGLE HANDEDLY GAVE UP A 21 Point lead
    Just as no one player , even if he scores 40 points in one game did it all by himself
    Just give it a rest already. Yes, the team as a whole is giving up games. There's some certain individual things though that Gal is doing/has done that isn't contributing to the team/and the help of it.

Don't make me start a poll asking people who they'd rather have for 4 years here..
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The way the play in question was described (I didn't see the game as I was working) it sounded like a case on a break where Gal fakes a pass or whatever like the ALWAYS does. He NEVER gives it up in that situation. At least how I picture the described play that was referrenced before my initial post. In which case I can't believe a scouting report hasn't been put together that tells the defender to just stay in front of Gal as he's not going to pass. And if he does it'll probably be so late he'll run over the defender anyway. But for some reason the D almost always seems to go for the fake even though Shocker fans everywhere know the ball isn't leaving Gals hands unless it's headed towards the basket.

That play has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with assists or assist ratios. Why you pulled that out of your rectum is beyond me.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
        The way the play in question was described (I didn't see the game as I was working) it sounded like a case on a break where Gal fakes a pass or whatever like the ALWAYS does. He NEVER gives it up in that situation. At least how I picture the described play that was referrenced before my initial post. In which case I can't believe a scouting report hasn't been put together that tells the defender to just stay in front of Gal as he's not going to pass. And if he does it'll probably be so late he'll run over the defender anyway. But for some reason the D almost always seems to go for the fake even though Shocker fans everywhere know the ball isn't leaving Gals hands unless it's headed towards the basket.

That play has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with assists or assist ratios. Why you pulled that out of your rectum is beyond me.
        It seemed like Gal made the pass in that situation way more as a freshman (I remember at least a couple of those passes), I don't think he's passed it in that situation once this year.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock

It seemed like Gal made the pass in that situation way more as a freshman (I remember at least a couple of those passes), I don't think he's passed it in that situation once this year.
          Maybe because Phil and others can't hold onto the pass? Gal would have a lot more assists if some of the other players had good hands. I know that some of Gal's passes are poor - too fast or too hard for the other player, too low for a "post" player, etc. - but PT and others sometimes find ways to drop really good passes from Gal.
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

is it me or does phil bumble at least 2 or 3 passes a game, then on top of that he falls down at least 3 or 4 times a game.
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I agree totally with everything you said.

Why Valley teams don't have Gal and that play blanketed is beyond me. But of course it doesn't matter anyways, as Gal drives to the hole out-of-control regardless and gets called for charges all the time.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Not all the time.

Unless you mean all the time under 2 minutes to go in games.

Comment

Gal, the way he moves, he is pretty easy to 'telegraph' his moves, except maybe his pull up jumper on the way to the basket, one of his best moves.

Matt, he just whizs by you before you know it, he is in front, and he finishes layups better than anyone on the team.

Comment

Working...
                  X