• Show
Clear All

thank you for making this post
    finally someone agrees with me
    "Say it slowly and savor it..."
    Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
      DSB thats kind of what I was saying. If he makes that layup everybody is ready to slob him down. But since he missed it was the worst ever.

Blaming last nights loss on Gal is like picking on kids with down syndrome.
      I've read every post and don't see anyone specifically blaming Gal for the loss... they're just criticizing his boneheaded decisions during crucial situations.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU
        Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
        DSB thats kind of what I was saying. If he makes that layup everybody is ready to slob him down. But since he missed it was the worst ever.

Blaming last nights loss on Gal is like picking on kids with down syndrome.
        I've read every post and don't see anyone specifically blaming Gal for the loss... they're just criticizing his boneheaded decisions during crucial situations.
        This year's theme is blame gal gal does this gal does that.

Comment

The thing about that play is 10 times out of 10 Gal is gonna fake the pass and try to score himself. How the D doesn't take more charges in those situations I'll never know.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I'm kinda curious to hear what the Caped Crusader Club has to say about this. The band of goonies has been noticeably quiet the past 24 hours..

which isn't necessarily a bad thing..
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
              I'm kinda curious to hear what the Caped Crusader Club has to say about this. The band of goonies has been noticeably quiet the past 24 hours..

which isn't necessarily a bad thing..
              I wasn't going to say anything. I was afraid it would cause him to ---- Well, I'll take the peace and quiet.

Comment

I read the statement as with 10 sec left in the shot clock the point guard needs to be the one running the play from the top of the key. Just like when Matt was hurt if there was 10 sec left on the clock and Gal gave the ball to Lance or Wendell coach would have been yelling at him for the same thing.

Comment

Mekel has been horrible since Day 1. It's sad when even the coach has given up on him. I don't know why anyone is surprised that this conversation is being had. The only thing I'm surprised about is that this thread didn't start 3 months ago. I hope GM gets rid of everybody. I think there is a good chance of that happening.

Anyways, any truth to the rumor that GM didn't shake hands with ISU's coach last night? If so, that's pretty classy. I'm still on the GM bandwagon, but that is bad, if it's true.

One more thing while I'm hot. I could maybe, maybe understand losing a 21 point lead throughout the course of an entire game. But 21-0 run in less than 5 minutes. Come on! If that isn't giving up, I don't know what is. Actually, if saying, "only 2 more weeks left" isn't giving up, I don't know what is.

Any truth to the rumor that a player was mocking GM towards the end of regulation. Is that why he had such a memorable meltdown? Somebody please explain these vicious rumors.
                  Who was the 1st man to lead the country in rebounding and points in the same season? Oh ya. Me!!

Comment

I saw him shake McKenna's hand. It was right at the buzzer and before they players lined up.

Comment

HCGM was shaking hands with McKenna as the final horn sounded.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktastic
                        Mekel has been horrible since Day 1. It's sad when even the coach has given up on him. I don't know why anyone is surprised that this conversation is being had. The only thing I'm surprised about is that this thread didn't start 3 months ago. I hope GM gets rid of everybody. I think there is a good chance of that happening.

Anyways, any truth to the rumor that GM didn't shake hands with ISU's coach last night? If so, that's pretty classy. I'm still on the GM bandwagon, but that is bad, if it's true.

One more thing while I'm hot. I could maybe, maybe understand losing a 21 point lead throughout the course of an entire game. But 21-0 run in less than 5 minutes. Come on! If that isn't giving up, I don't know what is. Actually, if saying, "only 2 more weeks left" isn't giving up, I don't know what is.

Any truth to the rumor that a player was mocking GM towards the end of regulation. Is that why he had such a memorable meltdown? Somebody please explain these vicious rumors.
                        Welcome to the board. For future reference know what you are talking about before posting.

k thnx

Comment

Gal's play since the return of Matt has been poor. He has had a good five minutes here and there, but they have been sandwiched between long periods of non-effective floor play. To his credit, I think his defense last night was borderline sensational. I also think he got "screwed" on the one foul call when he was in the paint, moving his feet, and his hands were straight up.. One more note about last night: Before Gal's missed free throw a fellow female fan jinxed him more perfectly than any broadcaster could ever hope for..

The big problem is that Gal is not a SG and he has not matured into a player that understands risk vs. reward in late game situations (especially when the clock ifactored in). I think he sometimes gets caught between being aggressive and knowing he shouldn't be and that actually causes the turnover (see the dribbling turnover when crossed half-court - I think he wanted to keep going, instead he hesitated, stopped and got trapped). I am not sure what the short term solution would be - his "upside" is at the one, but the team and coach have made it clear Matt B. is the full-time point guard. This team seems to get two guys playing well in every game and then a bunch of others under achieving. The last few games it has been Matt and some other guy filling the role. Marshall has to find a way to make Matt and Gal comfortable with playing off of each other. Gal has created for Matt a few times and the reverse is rare / this team can't work and probably will not work until the find a way to make each other better.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktastic
                            Anyways, any truth to the rumor that GM didn't shake hands with ISU's coach last night?
                            Marshall shook hands with McKenna as the game ended last night and quickly pulled a Bobby Knight and turned around to exit the building. He didn't shake hands with any of the other coaches or any of the ISU players. To me, that reeked of sore loser and bad sportsmanship. It's one of the many reasons I hate Bobby Knight.

I know coach is frustrated to the extreme and everything, but for 60 seconds swallow your pill and be a professional, exchange good games, and shake the players' hands.

I thought that was kinda crappy.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I have heard coaches yell out to their own players to keep the ball away from a hot player on an opposing team, but I have never heard of any coach yell out to his own players to keep the ball away from a teammate. Have you?

The "Don't give Mekel the Ball" statement does not make any logical sense. And perhaps logical is the key word in this situation. If Marshall didn't want any player to touch the ball (which certainly limits any offense) then why was that player even in the game?

Afterall, many of you defend the coach by saying he isn't missing the shots and that's true. But there is one thing he certainly is in charge of and that is who touches the ball. Last time I looked it was the coach who determined who the five guys on the court were. If a player isn't on the floor, he can't very well touch it.

We have already seen on numerous occasions that Marshall is certainly not bashful about taking a player out of the game and reading him the riot act on the sideline and then sitting him down. So why would he leave Mekel in if this was true? What does Marshall expect Matt to do with the ball then if PJ then is in hiding and the two other guys are not open?

This has been a most trying season for everyone and patience is very thin for us all. Perhaps all of us to include players, fans, and coaches have a little growing up to do.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock
                                The "Don't give Mekel the Ball" statement does not make any logical sense. And perhaps logical is the key word in this situation. If Marshall didn't want any player to touch the ball (which certainly limits any offense) then why was that player even in the game?
                                I just watched this play on the repeat.

How hard is it to understand that HCGM wanted Matt and not Gal to have the ball at the end of the shot clock?

I'm sure he didn't want the ball in JT's hand either.
                                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                                -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                                X