AD Eric Sexton Honored

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD Eric Sexton Honored

Eric Sexton is one of 12 D-1 Athletic Directors honored by the National Association of Collegiate Athletic Directors.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

I'm sure there are those ADES haters out their that will diminish this award but I see it as an honor for our entire athletic department and programs. Administrators, Coaches, Trainers, Managers and Players.

No doubt Coach Marshall and his team's coattails were a key factor in the ADES receiving this award.

I congratulate ADES and our entire athletic program from top to bottom.

:poster_shocks:

Also, the marketing department for Wichita State Athletics has been selected as one of three finalists for the NACMA Marketing Team of the Year, the National Association of Collegiate Marketing Administrators (NACMA) announced today.

Wichita State, who will go up against fellow finalists Kansas State and Southern California, won the National Marketing Team of the Year at the 2013 NACMA Convention.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

I acknowledge that our marketing department is not perfect but they must be doing a few things right.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 14, 2014, 02:50 PM.

Comment

cant be, shockernet told me he sucks
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Wonder how many teams will be sporting Under Armour gear

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
          Wonder how many teams will be sporting Under Armour gear
          Apparently the baseball team already was. Isn't the Under Armour discounts what lead to the multiple game suspensions for 8 of the baseball players ranging from 3 to 9 games each?

Comment

He sucks

Comment

Congrats Mr. Sexton and team!
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

My hat is certainly off to our AD, Mr Sexton, for being recognized for his service to our athletic programs and for bringing honor and distinction to Wichita State University.

He, along with all students and faculty members of our great Universtiy certainly deserves our full support and congratulaions when so honored.

Comment

Take that HATERS!

Comment

Lol... You guys dry hump ades worse than a lone dog on an island.
                    It's a nice pat on the back, but what does it really highlight?
                    --- fiduciary control ( ehhhh....nope)
                    --- New facilities (nope)
                    --- respectfully and gracefully transitioning out one of college baseball's coaching legends (nope)
                    --- expanding radio coverage throughout the state of Kansas (nope)
                    --- Hell... enhancing radio coverage in the city of WICHITA (nope)
                    --- enhancing the Shockervision product (nope)
                    --- communicating the vision of shocker athletics ( nope)
                    --- capitalizing on the F4 with new conference affiliation (nope)

However... As long as HCGM is happy, I'm happy.
                    Therefore... Nice job ADES. Heck of a job.

Comment

--- fiduciary control -- WHAT IS YOUR BEEF HERE?
                      --- New facilities (nope) -- NEW ATHLETIC DORM
                      --- respectfully and gracefully transitioning out one of college baseball's coaching legends (nope) -- SHOULD HAVE FIRE HIM FOR ACTS OF MORAL TERPITUDE
                      --- expanding radio coverage throughout the state of Kansas -- HEAR OF THE INTERNET AND SMART PHONES
                      --- Hell... enhancing radio coverage in the city of WICHITA -- HEAR OF THE INTERNET AND SMART PHONES
                      --- enhancing the Shockervision product (nope) -- no opinion because it is not something I have used
                      --- communicating the vision of shocker athletics -- WHAT IS THERE TO COMMUNICATE WHEN YOU ARE WINNING IN EVERYTHING (almost)
                      --- capitalizing on the F4 with new conference affiliation -- WHAT OPPORTUNITY DID HE MISS?

Comment

-- Communicated the vision for Shocker sports (yup)
                        -- Record 12 of 15 sports competing in the NCAAs (yup)
                        -- One of the nation's highest institutional APRs at 975 (yup)
                        -- Radio is dead but Internet radio is alive and well. You can get it everywhere. (yup)
                        -- Womens basketball with first ever title (yup)
                        -- Womens volleyball went to the Sweet 16 (yup)
                        -- Mens basketball first Final Four appearance in nearly 50 years (yup)
                        -- Mens first tournament championship in St Louis (yup)
                        -- SASO raised a record 4.2 million (yup)
                        -- ANOTHER All Sports trophy for WSU (yup)
                        -- Made tough decision to move baseball another direction (yup)
                        -- Enhancing the Shockervision product (yup)
                        -- Successfully renegotiate contract with Marshall (yup)
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I'm not on either end of the love/hate spectrum of Eric Sexton but I'll just say the lady who hired Mark Phelps was also "honored" with this designation.

Comment

There are things he could do better and hopefully will tackle them at some point. But WSU is in a golden age, from top to bottom. He deserves a lot of credit. The overwhelming negativity from some is just silly. It takes a lot of work bending over backwards to throw away his successes, most importantly of which is giving Coach Marshall every resource needed to win, and every reason to stay.
                            Originally posted by BleacherReport
                            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                              Lol... You guys dry hump ades worse than a lone dog on an island.
                              It's a nice pat on the back, but what does it really highlight?
                              --- fiduciary control ( ehhhh....nope)
                              --- New facilities (nope)
                              --- respectfully and gracefully transitioning out one of college baseball's coaching legends (nope)
                              --- expanding radio coverage throughout the state of Kansas (nope)
                              --- Hell... enhancing radio coverage in the city of WICHITA (nope)
                              --- enhancing the Shockervision product (nope)
                              --- communicating the vision of shocker athletics ( nope)
                              --- capitalizing on the F4 with new conference affiliation (nope)

However... As long as HCGM is happy, I'm happy.
                              Therefore... Nice job ADES. Heck of a job.
                              Unless one knows of certainties on these two items, they shouldn't be part of your list. Please share.

Otherwise, on the first, who knows for sure it was not attempted by ADES at the time or at a previous time and the answer from Gene was "I'm not gracefully transitioning anywhere at any time not of my choosing".

On the second item, President Bardo might have a little to say about this not to mention other conferences. My understanding from some fans of the MWC and AAC that would like to see WSU in their conference is that nothing is going to happen immediately, more like a couple of years, even if they wanted WSU. I doubt we have interest in the A-10 and don't expect an invite to the Big East unless they're expanding to 14 teams and adding another public.

Comment

Working...
                              X