Welcome to the Jayhawk Conference.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by small tyme baller
    How do you blame the coach for mekel taking the ball cross the timeline then pulling up and getting trapped... then losing the ball which lead to two pts... the stupid TO's killed us, the FT's killed us. HCGM can't make the FT's for us. Their TO's tonight reminded me of the TO's the girls team makes every game. It's all just so frustrating... but one of these days im sure the players will pull their heads out in the 2nd half and we'll win a game (hopefully in the tourny). I dont really want to criticize individuals but Gal needs to just be more mature out there and with the ball and Durley needs to be giving 100% the entire time he's on the court... both ends. his foul which gave tunnel the and-1 was disgusting.

I do put some blame on the coaching when mattB has 19 with 12:00 to play in the 2nd half and they dont have a set to get him a shot or let him drive and dish or drive and pull up. the problem tho is he runs the offense and is the true PG so he's not takin all the shots and when mekel is running the point the offense is stag
    Unfortunately, Matt didn't have much left in the tank the last 10 minutes (rubber leggs)... and Ind. St. was doing all they could to keep him from touching the ball.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

The thing that stood out to me most was the sweat dripping off Clemente, and the "I don't give a sh!t" look on Durley's unsweaty face after coming out of the game.

Comment

Have to admit that when he was on the ft line, the look in Durley's face said it all, like he had never been here before. I don't know if I've ever seen anyone look so nervous/scared/whatever shooting a ft.

Comment

We should bring back Claudius Johnson to teach these kids on how to look while they are shooting free throws.

Comment

I'm glad I couldn't watch the game. I saw that WSU was up big, and didn't pay any attention after that. With the way things are going right now, I don't know how many guys that will be returning will really be a big difference if all they have learned is to choke a game away. Either these guys are getting way too comfortable or they don't have any mental capacity at all.

Comment

u should igve your thoughts a mulligan mulligan.
              First of all,
              coaches dont play basketball.
              they coach players who play basketball.
              Our players missing FREE throws and open shots.
              isnt because of marshall.
              its because they missed shots.
              ur rediculous.
              go be a ku fan.
              "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
              CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

RipEmUp... you're one of a kind. Oh, and remember, we're not using text messaging here.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Rip.... Let me ask you this. If a guy all year chokes with about 2:00 minutes in the game why not try something different like sitting him on the bench. I forget though you don't mind losing. Losing has become an acceptable behaviour on this board. As far as go be a KU fan where did you come up with that. The title of the thread refers to the better basketball I have watched this year at Hutch and El Dorado. In a down Valley Year we have one 3 games Rip. I have watched this team for 20 plus years and we railroaded Randy Smithson from Wichita for alot less. And Randy wasn't making close to 7 figures.

Comment

Originally posted by mulligan
                    Rip.... Let me ask you this. If a guy all year chokes with about 2:00 minutes in the game why not try something different like sitting him on the bench. I forget though you don't mind losing. Losing has become an acceptable behaviour on this board. As far as go be a KU fan where did you come up with that. The title of the thread refers to the better basketball I have watched this year at Hutch and El Dorado. In a down Valley Year we have one 3 games Rip. I have watched this team for 20 plus years and we railroaded Randy Smithson from Wichita for alot less. And Randy wasn't making close to 7 figures.
                    Mulligan,

Who would you want with the ball? They denied Matt, PJ was hiding at mid-court, Phil was in a corner asking to be trapped again. Ramon was coming to and getting he ball, but he's not a ball handler, so he got it into the hands of one....the only one that he could.

Comment

Downtown.... The lineup needs to change. Let's say we lost last night but had Harris in the game. At least we would not be talking about the same thing as every other game. Try something new. Or we can continue watching the same old thing.

Comment

Originally posted by RipEmUpShox
                        u should igve your thoughts a mulligan mulligan.
                        First of all,
                        coaches dont play basketball.
                        they coach players who play basketball.
                        Our players missing FREE throws and open shots.
                        isnt because of marshall.
                        its because they missed shots.
                        ur rediculous.
                        go be a ku fan.
                        So coach is just free-loading with no worries or responsibilities at all.. sitting back, collecting his 3/4 of a mil.

And quit obsessing with KU. You mention them every other post. It's kinda sick.. not as sick as those bada$$ typing skizzillzz.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by mulligan
                          Downtown.... The lineup needs to change. Let's say we lost last night but had Harris in the game. At least we would not be talking about the same thing as every other game. Try something new. Or we can continue watching the same old thing.
                          How well does Lance shoot FT's? He has made the only one he has taken in a game, but how does he shoot in practice? And, as has been proven by the changing line ups all year, if he was a solid FT shooter, wouldn't he already be in the game?

Comment

How you shoot FTs in practice seems to have no relevance with how they shoot them in games....
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I agree whole heartedly, but it would seem that it is much easier in practice. If you can't make them in practice, then you are a 37% FT shooter in games.

Comment

I hope the way this season is ending is not having a negative effect on HCGM's recruiting efforts. On the other hand Playing Time is wide open at Wichita State next year.

Maybe, just maybe, Ramon Clemente has in inside track on a starting position next year and again Ramon has some limitations, but at least he knows he has limitiations and he works hard to put what skills he does have to best use. Hard to say how much his broken finger impacted his play this year, but I'll take his line from last nights game anytime.

Otherwise, starting positions and playing time are wide open and plentiful, especially if you actually have some basketball skills.

Comment

Working...
                                X