No announcement yet.

2014-15 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good grief the wait between the end of baseball until volleyball sure is excruciating.

I'm excited to see who we buy for the final pair of home dates- scheduling (and buy games in particular) is just one area where HCGM and staff have improved by leaps and bounds during his tenure here. Replacing the Chicago States of the world with WKU, ORU, UAB, Southern Miss and friends in recent years has been utterly terrific.

Mostly though I'm just starved for news, any news, and had no better place to post it.

Comment

• I heard Boatright on the radio a couple of weeks ago and he said we were basically done with the schedule and agreements just needed to be signed. What is taking so freaking long??? C'mon man, I need to plan out my fall and winter! He hinted that the last 2 games won't knock our socks off, but the non-con as a whole should be solid.

I wonder if we are coordinating with ESPN to be one of the headliners in the Tip-Off Marathon - last year's TOM schedule was released on August 11th, so we HAVE to be getting close to a final schedule.

Comment

• Originally posted by Triticum aestivum L. View Post
        I heard Boatright on the radio a couple of weeks ago and he said we were basically done with the schedule and agreements just needed to be signed. What is taking so freaking long??? C'mon man, I need to plan out my fall and winter! He hinted that the last 2 games won't knock our socks off, but the non-con as a whole should be solid.

I wonder if we are coordinating with ESPN to be one of the headliners in the Tip-Off Marathon - last year's TOM schedule was released on August 11th, so we HAVE to be getting close to a final schedule.
        It was announced in March that the WSU vs Memphis game on Nov 18th will be part of the tip-off marathon and start late afternoon.

"He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Dang, I'll be at work. Guess I'll have to dvr it and avoid everyone that day!
          I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
          If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

• I'm on my phone and could not find the bracketology thread. Here's another way too early:

After seven weeks of projected standings, the time has finally come for our first projected bracket of the 2014-15 men's college basketball season...

They have WSU as a 4-seed and UNI in the last 5 in grouping. On quick glance I saw future Shocker opponents Tulsa and Memphis. I probably missed others.
            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• The 2-6 seed range seems realistic. That's crazy awesome to think about....

Hopefully UNI is better than last 5 in. I think they can be.

Comment

• Hmmmm must be a typo somewhere. I didn't see sCUm mentioned. Probably a horrendous oversight by the writers.

Comment

• Will be an interesting 3 way battle between WSU, Wisconsin and Dollar Bill Self's 100% clean and above-board program for spots in the Omaha pod.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                    Will be an interesting 3 way battle between WSU, Wisconsin and Dollar Bill Self's 100% clean and above-board program for spots in the Omaha pod.
                    Columbus is only a little over an hour further from Madison than Omaha is so hopefully Wisconsin will be sent there instead. I can't wait to get this season going!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                      Will be an interesting 3 way battle between WSU, Wisconsin and Bill Self's program for spots in the Omaha pod.
                      And Iowa State. Even for schools like Texas, SMU, and freaking Arizona, Omaha will be the closest site. Not saying Texas or Arizona would actually be sent to Omaha, just pointing out that next year's sites are oddly bunched together.

Omaha is the only location between Louisville and Seattle/Portland. Not a single site in the south central or southwest part of the nation.

Portland
                      Seattle
                      Omaha
                      Louisville
                      Columbus, Ohio
                      Pittsburgh
                      Charlotte, N.C.
                      Jacksonville, Fla.
                      Last edited by Royals85; July 28, 2014, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• From the Bleacher Report Super Too Early Bracketology:

Confirmed WSU opponents and projected seeding:
                        - Alabama (5th team out)
                        - Tulsa (10)
                        - Memphis (8)
                        - Seton Hall (2nd team out)
                        - Utah (5)
                        - UNI (12)

Potential DHC opponents:
                        - Colorado (7)
                        - Nebraska (8)

Comment

• Per this report one of our buy games might be New Mexico St on Nov. 14.

Following is a brief look at the 2014-15 New Mexico State non conference games that I know of and some that I'm fuzzy on at this point. It...
                          Last edited by Shocker-maniac; July 28, 2014, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• They finished 2014 with an RPI of 77 according to ESPN. For reference, Indiana State was 74. That can't be right, can it?

Comment

• Doesn't get much better than that as far as buy games go. They'll miss Bhullar, but they return everyone else and will win the WAC again.

Comment

• This would be a near-perfect buy game, on paper. The important part is remembering to win the game. The second important part is that they don't suck it up the rest of the year.

Comment

Working...
                                X