No announcement yet.

The exodus from Normal continues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd strongly guess, besides Lofton, the others were shown the door. Lets be honest, ISUr actually far exceeded expectations last year, and also, even though against much weaker competition, was the last team in the Valley to be playing basketball this year. Even though the defections don't look pretty, at least for the short term it has seemed to be semi successful.

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
      i dont poke too much fun at him...he was instrumental in bringing Freddie Van Vleet to Wichita State
      yes, he also helped bring us Teddy Hawkins.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
        I'll say it. Muller did a good job this season with what he had. I'm not convinced he even has a problem here. He might have shown these guys the door. I thought the birds would be a hideous, embarrassing mess THIS season and they were way better than I expected.
        I agree. I'm not a fan of the way he's done things as of yet, but he earned a one year free pass for his tactics based on the past season.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
          yes, he also helped bring us Teddy Hawkins.
          Is Hawkins slated to play next year? I know the ruling was that he could play starting the 14-15 season except against us which I thought was a stupid ruling and only makes other fanbases dislike us more, but WILL he play? He moves around so much how can one tell? A 21-year old freshman. How quaint. Wonder just what they will have to do to keep him eligible.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
            Is Hawkins slated to play next year? I know the ruling was that he could play starting the 14-15 season except against us which I thought was a stupid ruling and only makes other fanbases dislike us more, but WILL he play? He moves around so much how can one tell? A 21-year old freshman. How quaint. Wonder just what they will have to do to keep him eligible.
            I think there was an overturning on that where he will be fully eligible to play, including against us now. I can't find an article about it, but I remember seeing Paul report that on Twitter. Like you said though, whether or not he will actually be eligible is the big question.
            Last edited by WuShock16; April 8, 2014, 09:13 AM.
            78-65

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
              I'll say it. Muller did a good job this season with what he had. I'm not convinced he even has a problem here. He might have shown these guys the door. I thought the birds would be a hideous, embarrassing mess THIS season and they were way better than I expected.
              Not like the MVC was a powerhouse of other stellar competition this year.
              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                I think there was an overturning on that where he will be fully eligible to play, including against us now. I can't find an article about it, but I remember seeing Paul report that on Twitter. Like you said though, whether or not he will actually be eligible is the big question.
                This is correct. He will be fully eligible provided he has kept up on the academic side of things. Additionally, top 150 freshman Mikel McIntosh will be eligible to play as will a top 10 JUCO recruit…Purcell or something. There will be talent in Normal next year. Not sure what that means as far as record.
                Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                  This is correct. He will be fully eligible provided he has kept up on the academic side of things. Additionally, top 150 freshman Mikel McIntosh will be eligible to play as will a top 10 JUCO recruit…Purcell or something. There will be talent in Normal next year. Not sure what that means as far as record.
                  Judging by Muller's track record, it probably means there will be a lot of talent leaving Normal after next year.

Comment

Are any of the players who have left so far been recruits of Mueller or were they all Jankers?

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                      Judging by Muller's track record, it probably means there will be a lot of talent leaving Normal after next year.
                      Muller has his own version of the 'One and Done'...

"That's what she said!"
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                        Are any of the players who have left so far been recruits of Mueller or were they all Jankers?
                        Lofton was Mueller's.

Comment

So was Keane.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                            Kaza Keane and Lofton were Muller guys. Middlebrooks (kicked off before the conference season) was also a Muller recruit.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                            X