I'm back one more time, Shox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back one more time, Shox

Just another thanks for the pleasure/honor of playing in the best game of this college season. I'm a Kentucky fan for 40 plus years so the question is "why am I here"...and the answer is "I'm not sure".

You can say I am just another arrogant blueblood UK fan, killing time before our game this afternoon. And that is okay...Maybe I am.

I would rather think that, should we make the final four, there is but one game to point to. The win over your team has prepared us for anything. Michigan can not bring anything that your Wichita State team didn't present. It will play out the way it does and Michigan may beat us by 10 points, just like you might have on another day.

Regardless, congrats on your wonderful season...a truly worthy foe. Maybe we'll meet again soon. I'd love to see a two-year deal inked between the schools but I doubt that is realistic....of course you understand the problems teams like you present.

Thanks and good luck to your team the rest of the way.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by katsure View Post

Regardless, congrats on your wonderful season...a truly worthy foe. Maybe we'll meet again soon. I'd love to see a two-year deal inked between the schools but I doubt that is realistic....of course you understand the problems teams like you present.
      Losing to a top-20 RPI team? ;)

Nah but I do understand. Wish it wasn't like that.
      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

We want to point to that game too.

;-)

Good luck today.
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

the espn radio announcer just led off the michigan-uk review by mentioning the AWESOME (his deep emphasis) game between the shocks and cats from last sunday. man, i wish that game was still going on today, round 6 (a'la nba series). good luck today. take it all home, if at least to legitamise us from the empty-headed haters.

Comment

I hate reading these "thanks for such a great game" posts. It just serves to remind me how the committee screwed both of these teams and that WSU should probably still be playing today.

Nothing UK fans can do about it though. Good luck to your team.
            The Assman

Comment

Maybe one of these years, the Shox will not have to play the hottest team in the country in the tournament….

Maybe, one of these years, we will just be so damn good it won't matter.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Last year we couldn't play the hottest team in the country because it was us.
                Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                  Maybe one of these years, the Shox will not have to play the hottest team in the country in the tournament….

Maybe, one of these years, we will just be so damn good it won't matter.
                  It will be because you're just so damn good. You won't avoid the hottest team cuz you'll go deep in to the tourney until you meet up with them. WSU will not beat itself.

Comment

Appreciate the UK contributors to the board lately.

I'm pulling for them today.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      Appreciate the UK contributors to the board lately.

I'm pulling for them today.
                      Plus one

Comment

No - Kentucky is going to take it all again. Beating a good WSU team is good mojo.
                        George Mason and VCU uses it to get to the F4.
                        Louisville used it to win a title last year.
                        I suspect Kentucky will do as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                          No - Kentucky is going to take it all again. Beating a good WSU team is good mojo.
                          Dont forget UConn in Maui
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                            As @kcshocker11: pointed out don't forget UConn in Maui. Maybe 3G should use these "trends" as a selling point to schedule some of the bigger names.

Comment

I appreciate the UK fans that have stopped by, and I enjoyed the ones around me in St. Louis.

Certainly I had no dog in the hunt today. Seeing those kids win, I don't know, just didn't seem right. I'm probably still stinging from the game knowing that my team is one of the 2 or 3 best teams in the country this year.

I will go to my grave believing in 2014 our Shockers deserved to play for the National Championship. DESERVED.

Just doesn't seem fair.

Comment

Working...
                              X