No announcement yet.

National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) Announces All America Teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh everyone is forgetting about Baker. If healthy he will be on one of the AA list next year.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShox View Post
      Ugh everyone is forgetting about Baker. If healthy he will be on one of the AA list next year.
      I dont think anyone is forgetting about Baker... or Cotton for that matter. Our back court is going to be incredible next year. Our back court was incredible this year.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
        As the leading scorer this year (and our 4), Cle had a different type of game than Darius will next year. Cle could get open on his own, drive, or score from the post. I think Darius is going to get fed in the post A LOT. Fred might be able to get up to 6+, just because of the way our big guys' game will change.
        Don't forget that we'll have a bulldozer sharing the four spot with Carter. That's gonna really make for some interesting plays in the post. It's been a while since we've had someone like Shaq in the post. I'm really hoping he pans out.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
          Don't forget that we'll have a bulldozer sharing the four spot with Carter. That's gonna really make for some interesting plays in the post. It's been a while since we've had someone like Shaq in the post. I'm really hoping he pans out.
          I'm hoping that Shaquille shows shooting range and Carter works on it too. It would have helped us to be able to stretch Willie C-Stein away from the basket and open it up more under the basket for others to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
            As the leading scorer this year (and our 4), Cle had a different type of game than Darius will next year. Cle could get open on his own, drive, or score from the post. I think Darius is going to get fed in the post A LOT. Fred might be able to get up to 6+, just because of the way our big guys' game will change.
            Darius is definitely skilled offensively, but he won't be near the offensive threat that Cle is. I think Freds assists will stay around the same just because I think he will have to be more of a scoring option than last year. He might have to shoot it a couple more times a game than he did last year. Ron should lead the team in scoring, but I think Fred will definitely be second.

Comment

I'm hoping for Shaq to fill a role that randle filled for uk in our game
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

DC will have a comparable senior year as Hall did. Let's remember how that turned out. With the expectation of our 3 headed guard monster combined with DC and a representative effort by a committee in the post, we have an opportunity to have a respectful NCAA run next year.

Comment

Did the NABC publish an Honorable Mention category? And if so, did Baker or Cotton make it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                    Ok, I have spent the last few days sulking around. The loss still hurts, but there are a lot of things to be happy about. Cle and Fred are great young men and they have represented our University well. Cle will be a first round draft pick and will go on to have a great NBA Career. Fred may finish his career as the most decorated shocker ever. Predictions on Freds stat line next year - 14.2 ppg 5.6 apg 4 rpg over 4 to 1 a/t ratio.
                    agree with those numbers and would add a shitload of steals.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                      Ok, I have spent the last few days sulking around. The loss still hurts, but there are a lot of things to be happy about. Cle and Fred are great young men and they have represented our University well. Cle will be a first round draft pick and will go on to have a great NBA Career. Fred may finish his career as the most decorated shocker ever. Predictions on Freds stat line next year - 14.2 ppg 5.6 apg 4 rpg over 4 to 1 a/t ratio.
                      So basically, going from 11.6 pts to 14 (one extra field goal and FT a game; 5.4 to 5.6 assists, 3.9 to 4.0 rebounds and 1.3 T/O to no more than 1.4 T/O (to keep the predicted assist to tournover ration to 4 to 1. So, basically, you don't expect much improvement, just an extra 2.4 pts per game.
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                        So basically, going from 11.6 pts to 14 (one extra field goal and FT a game; 5.4 to 5.6 assists, 3.9 to 4.0 rebounds and 1.3 T/O to no more than 1.4 T/O (to keep the predicted assist to tournover ration to 4 to 1. So, basically, you don't expect much improvement, just an extra 2.4 pts per game.
                        Correct. Honestly I don't see him vastly improving many of his numbers. It will still be a team first atmosphere next year, which will cause anyone from sticking out too much statistically. I predict he will slightly improve on most of his numbers (assists, rebounds, turnovers) while shouldering a heavier load on the offensive side (higher usage rate, Higher ppg). I do think he might really improve his steals numbers

Comment

Originally posted by eeshocker View Post
                          Shockers the only team with more than one name on the lists.
                          Wow this is very impressive. All those teams full of 5 star recruits and the Shockers are the ONLY team with more than one player. Gottlieb will be having nightmares.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                            Wow this is very impressive. All those teams full of 5 star recruits and the Shockers are the ONLY team with more than one player. Gottlieb will be having nightmares.
                            Yeah, but he'll say "they don't play each other,so it doesn't mean anything."
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                            X