No announcement yet.

National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) Announces All America Teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) Announces All America Teams

http://www.nabc.org/landing/index

NABC COACHES’ DIVISION I ALL-AMERICA FIRST TEAM

Nick Johnson,
    Arizona, 6-3, 200, Junior, Guard, Gilbert, Ariz.

Doug McDermott,
    Creighton, 6-8, 225, Senior, Forward, Ames, Iowa

Shabazz Napier,
    Connecticut, 6-1, 180, Senior, Guard, Roxbury, Mass.

Jabari Parker,
    Duke, 6-8, 235, Freshman, Forward, Chicago, Ill.

Nik Stauskas,
    Michigan, 6-6, 205, Sophomore, Guard, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

2014 NABC COACHES’ DIVISION I ALL-AMERICA SECOND TEAM

Cleanthony Early,
    Wichita State, 6-8, 219, Senior, Forward, Middletown, N.Y.

C.J. Fair,
    Syracuse, 6-8, 215, Senior, Forward, Baltimore, Md.

Sean Kilpatrick,
    Cincinnati, 6-4, 210, Senior, Guard, Yonkers, N.Y.

Russ Smith,
    Louisville, 6-0, 165, Senior, Guard, Brooklyn, N.Y.

Andrew Wiggins,
    Kansas, 6-8, 200, Freshman, Guard, Vaughan, Ontario, Canada

2014 NABC COACHES’ DIVISION I ALL-AMERICA THIRD TEAM

Julius Randle,
    Kentucky, 6-9, 250, Freshman, Forward, Dallas, Texas

Marcus Smart,
    Oklahoma State, 6-4, 220, Sophomore, Guard, Flower Mound, Texas

Fred VanVleet,
    Wichita State, 5-11, 194, Sophomore, Guard, Rockford, Ill.

T.J. Warren,
    North Carolina State, 6-8, 215, Sophomore, Forward, Durham, N.C.

Scottie Wilbekin,
    Florida, 6-2, 176, Senior, Guard, Winter Haven, Fla.

Right on!!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Hang that young man's banner!
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Granted, there will be another wave of the one-and-done types next year, but the thing that encourages me about that list is that other than Fred, most of those guys will not be in college basketball next year. Fred could easily be a first teamer before he finishes his time at 21st and Hillside.
        78-65

Comment

Shockers the only team with more than one name on the lists.

Comment

Cleanthony Early- 2nd Team NABC, 2nd Team USBWA

Fred VanVleet- 3rd Team NABC, 3rd Team TSN

Incredible honors and terrific respect from the consensus AA lists. AP probably gets released later this week.

Comment

If Cle is named an AP 2nd or 1st Team AA he will be the 1st Shocker to be a consensus 2nd Team AA since Dave the Rave in 1965. I would say that is pretty good company. Rafters!

Comment

Goatlube probably can't read (because his eyesight isn't worth a damn) but our unathletic point guard made 3rd team all american in front of his idea of athletic point guards. Once again he is on a limb surrounded by lions.

Comment

This is so freaking awesome! We are so proud of our team. Cle and Fred. What ambassadors you two are for our program and city. Good work fellas. Good work. I am beaming.

Comment

Too cool for school. The one and dones that is. Meanwhile the Shockers land two on the same list. Another first for this team and its legacy.

Two AAs in the same year.
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I posted this in the Media Love thread, but will put it here as well.

Is this only the 2nd and 3rd times that a Shocker has been named to multiple All American lists (1-3rd team) used for Consensus All American consideration? I believe this is so.

Comment

Studs.
                        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

With an amazing 2 year run, great display of a great team in a tremendous game on Sunday, the coach of the year, 2 all Americans, one of those with 2 years of eligibility left, most of our studs returning, a great and possibly getting better recruiting class coming in, exploding awareness of our school and program, what a great time to be a Shocker. I am sick from the loss and still seeking counsel, but stepping back I couldn't be happier with where we are.

Now if only cousin Koch could help me out and make Marshall the highest paid coach in America. Ha!

Comment

Ok, I have spent the last few days sulking around. The loss still hurts, but there are a lot of things to be happy about. Cle and Fred are great young men and they have represented our University well. Cle will be a first round draft pick and will go on to have a great NBA Career. Fred may finish his career as the most decorated shocker ever. Predictions on Freds stat line next year - 14.2 ppg 5.6 apg 4 rpg over 4 to 1 a/t ratio.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                              Ok, I have spent the last few days sulking around. The loss still hurts, but there are a lot of things to be happy about. Cle and Fred are great young men and they have represented our University well. Cle will be a first round draft pick and will go on to have a great NBA Career. Fred may finish his career as the most decorated shocker ever. Predictions on Freds stat line next year - 14.2 ppg 5.6 apg 4 rpg over 4 to 1 a/t ratio.
                              As the leading scorer this year (and our 4), Cle had a different type of game than Darius will next year. Cle could get open on his own, drive, or score from the post. I think Darius is going to get fed in the post A LOT. Fred might be able to get up to 6+, just because of the way our big guys' game will change.

Comment

Working...
                              X