Haters gonna hate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haters gonna hate.

Pitt fan here. Admittedly, I wasn't real big on your team after they took Pitt down last year in the tournament (our team basically didn't show up that day and I don't think your boys shot real well either), but after that FF run, and almost beating Louisville... I was a believer.

Got annoyed by people calling Wichita overrated this year because of their schedule, I knew this was a legit team that only really lost 2 big pieces (correct me if I'm wrong here, Hall/Armstead) from that Final Four team, and had a bunch of improved players (notably Vanvleet). In a way, I was kinda disappointed Wichita got a 1 seed... it comes with the stigma of everyone thinking you're "overhyped" and being that much more upset when your team loses (I know the feeling... Pitt lost on a buzzer beater in the Elite 8 as a 1 and lost in ridiculous heartbreaking fashion their other year as a 1 to Butler).

Kills me that Wichita lost to the evil empire that is Kentucky (as it took them an amazing game from all their NBA prospects) and won't get a crack at revenge against Louisville. I get annoyed seeing these same teams always in the mix, and it's always refreshing to see a Wichita State come out of nowhere and shock (no pun intended) the world. But it looks like your team will mostly be back and will get another shot in the tournament next year.

Thank you. Much appreciated.
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I second jocoshocks post
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by H2P View Post
        Pitt fan here. Admittedly, I wasn't real big on your team after they took Pitt down last year in the tournament (our team basically didn't show up that day and I don't think your boys shot real well either), but after that FF run, and almost beating Louisville... I was a believer.

Got annoyed by people calling Wichita overrated this year because of their schedule, I knew this was a legit team that only really lost 2 big pieces (correct me if I'm wrong here, Hall/Armstead) from that Final Four team, and had a bunch of improved players (notably Vanvleet). In a way, I was kinda disappointed Wichita got a 1 seed... it comes with the stigma of everyone thinking you're "overhyped" and being that much more upset when your team loses (I know the feeling... Pitt lost on a buzzer beater in the Elite 8 as a 1 and lost in ridiculous heartbreaking fashion their other year as a 1 to Butler).

Kills me that Wichita lost to the evil empire that is Kentucky (as it took them an amazing game from all their NBA prospects) and won't get a crack at revenge against Louisville. I get annoyed seeing these same teams always in the mix, and it's always refreshing to see a Wichita State come out of nowhere and shock (no pun intended) the world. But it looks like your team will mostly be back and will get another shot in the tournament next year.
        Class act.

Comment

From what I hear there is only one hater remaining on the planet and this Doug Gottlieb. Ironically, that makes Mr. Gottlieb seem like a very small person.

So while the Shockers lost a basketball game today, Mr. Gottlieb shows he has lost his heart, mind and soul. Poor, dumb bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
            I second jocoshocks post
            Third.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              From what I hear there is only one hater remaining on the planet and this Doug Gottlieb. Ironically, that makes Mr. Gottlieb seem like a very small person.

So while the Shockers lost a basketball game today, Mr. Gottlieb shows he has lost his heart, mind and soul. Poor, dumb bastard.
              Maybe this will be the quality loss Goatlube needed to open his eyes about us. But probably not. I'd like to have him and Sir Charles at the same table and have Shorts On Backwards get a kick square in the grapes.
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                Maybe this will be the quality loss Goatlube needed to open his eyes about us. But probably not. I'd like to have him and Sir Charles at the same table and have Shorts On Backwards get a kick square in the grapes.
                According to Mike Kennedy in the post game show, Gottlieb was already spouting how this game proved he was right about Fred Van Vleet not being an elite point guard. Mike was steamed.

Comment

@RobDauster: So this exists: http://35and1.com/

I consider this the Kentucky equivalent of cyber court storming. I am actually flattered...

Guess we are a big deal.. :-D

Comment

I just unfriended 4 haters on facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      According to Mike Kennedy in the post game show, Gottlieb was already spouting how this game proved he was right about Fred Van Vleet not being an elite point guard. Mike was steamed.
                      Ignore the fool/tool(DG,no Mike)

Comment

Does anyone have the Gottlieb tweet? MK mentioned it during the post game. MK said Doug tweeted that this game showed that FVV was a mid-major player or something to that effect.

Edit: @1972Shocker: beat me by a little bit.

Comment

My analysis was that VanVleet is a great MM PG, Harrison boys were too big, he was a non-factor - @gottliebshow

Comment

basically said he was ineffective..

I mean he was due to foul trouble.

harrison was pushing off ALL game. While Harrison played well it was NOT because Fred is a "mid major" pg

Comment

FVV is a pass first PG, not a scorer. Gotlubed should know all about that. FVV 6 assists, 1 TO, 2 steals. Andrew Harrison 3 assists, 6 TOs, no steals.

By the way, Gotlubed, FVV made both his FTs.

Comment

Working...
                              X