No announcement yet.

Cleanthony Early Belongs in the Rafters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Cle , and would take him over Cliff , but first things first....

I've been waiting 40+ years for # 52 to be placed in the rafters !

Warren Armstrong / Jabali

Too bad you young guys missed out on those 4 yrs ..........

Go Shocks

Comment

Originally posted by JackStraw View Post
      I love Cle , and would take him over Cliff , but first things first....

I've been waiting 40+ years for # 52 to be placed in the rafters !

Warren Armstrong / Jabali

Too bad you young guys missed out on those 4 yrs ..........

Go Shocks
      Averaged 17 and 11 for his career and had 429 assists in three years...near 5 per game.
      Livin the dream

Comment

I agree with Jack and Warren's strongest proponent Bob Lutz. Warren should be up there as well but probably needs its own thread,

Comment

Put them both. When was last time anyone wore 52?

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post

The last significant matchup nightmare the shockers lost was Paul Miller...
            uh oh, don't remind us how that turned out. We had a great back court coming back but were thin in the middle. Hopefully Shaq+Carter>Wilson+Thomason

Comment

Don't we have this exact same conversation every year. Last year it was Carl and the year before that we lost almost all of our offensive fire power at once. And then the final four happened. We were good before Cle came and we'll be good after he leaves. He will be greatly missed, but at this point I trust HCGM and the assistants to continue reloading. I don't see how you can't. And we still have Ron, Fred Tekele and Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                uh oh, don't remind us how that turned out. We had a great back court coming back but were thin in the middle. Hopefully Shaq+Carter>Wilson+Thomason
                I think Carter+Shaq+BWam+Kelly+(potential unknown) will be greater than Wilson+Thomasson.

Comment

Let's keep in mind that we also lost two walkons that were team leaders that year. The team didn't have much of an inside presence but terrible team chemistry absolutely destroyed the team.

On a somewhat funny note, during our three game losing streak last year with losses to ISU, UNI, and SIU, people on here were questioning the team chemistry and comparing it to 06-07. I'd say the season ended up a success. :)

Losing Cle, Lufile, and Coleby will hurt out inside game, but Marshall is recruiting now, not Turgeon. We have plenty of talent coming in and we'll be fine.

Comment

Working...
                  X