Cleanthony Early Belongs in the Rafters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pogo View Post
    I think it will go up but not this year. By the time those that be cuss and discuss it to death it could be a little while, but I agree he is worthy.
    I am all for Cle's jersey getting hung in the rafters, but not just yet. It needs to sit like a fine wine. Will miss him. He was SOOOOO good!!!
    Livin the dream

Comment

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I'm thinking 3-4 years minimum wait. Possibly closer to 5. It should, and will, be done I am sure.

Jersey retires aren't an immediate thing.

Congrats Cle!!
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

No more waiting. Lets just do it!!

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't one have to be an All-American to get there?

That being said, I'd fight anyone who said he doesn't deserve this.
            "Say it slowly and savor it..."
            Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

Cle's been listed as 2nd team all american from several publications already.

Comment

Posted on his draft stock thread, but what the hell. I'll post it all over ShockerNet!

The Assman

Comment

CBS: Best photos from the first weekend. The first and last are different angles of Fred taking the last shot, but further down is Cle, with the caption, "Cleanthony Early delivers maybe the dunk of the tourney on Willie Cauley-Stein.". My caption would be, Cauley-Stein, "Oh, no! I can't watch!"

Comment

Is his career better than Perez? Certainly the team results were better. Shocker HOF, no doubt. Jersey retired? I don't think so.
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                      Is his career better than Perez? Certainly the team results were better. Shocker HOF, no doubt. Jersey retired? I don't think so.
                      Was JP the catalyst of a Final Four team and 35-0 team? I don't think so.
                      The Assman

Comment

Anyone who doesn't think Cle deserves the rafters is going to veto any Shocker player in the next 100 years regardless of the stats they put up.

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                          Was JP the catalyst of a Final Four team and 35-0 team? I don't think so.
                          He was a great 4 year player on some losy teams under some miserable coaches.

I think you can reserve space for Fred's jersey now.

Comment

He was a great 4 year player on some losy teams under some miserable coaches.

I think you can reserve space for Fred's jersey now.
                            Players sometimes can't choose their path.

It seems you are discrediting Cleanthony's accomplishments because he was a JuCo player.
                            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                              Players sometimes can't choose their path.

It seems you are discrediting Cleanthony's accomplishments because he was a JuCo player.
                              Hardly, just throwing up a comparison of a career that is not represented in the rafters.

Comment

Hardly, just throwing up a comparison of a career that is not represented in the rafters.
                                If Cle had four years, he could have gone down as the GREATEST Shocker ever.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X