No announcement yet.

WSU VERSUS CAL POLY PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I predict Cal Poly doesn't score 80 points against the Shockers.

Comment

31pt victory? That May be a bit much IMHO. Poly is playing with confidence and loose. I don't see them shooting over 35% against our defense though. They will play hard though and that could keep us slightly out of rhythm.

I will say...

WSU - 72
      Poly - 58
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

We will get to name score. I don't see us wining by more than 20. Get everyone on the team some NCAA tournament experience.

Comment

Shockers win easily 76-54

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
            Their fans sound a lot like LaSalle's fans leading up to our sweet sixteen game last year sans some of the trash talk. Nothing offensive, and I like their enthusiasm. We win 85-50.
            I wonder if they know where Wichita is?
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Cal Poly won the right to be apart of history. Either they are are the first team to beat a 16, or the get to be the record breaking game for a single season win streak. Glad they get to join us in this special occasion.

Comment

Originally posted by Heinro View Post
                Cal Poly won the right to be apart of history. They get to be the record breaking game for a single season win streak. Glad they get to join us in this special occasion.
                Fixed ;)
                The Assman

Comment

According to the graphic I saw on TRUTV, Cal Poly will not sneak up on WSU because they are just like the teams they have played all season. Yet another distortion of WSU's record. Cal Poly is a seventh place team in arguably the weakest conference in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Calshockfan View Post
                    According to the graphic I saw on TRUTV, Cal Poly will not sneak up on WSU because they are just like the teams they have played all season. Yet another distortion of WSU's record. Cal Poly is a seventh place team in arguably the weakest conference in the country.
                    RPI Rankings
                    MVC = 11
                    BW = 22

There are 33 conferences (inducing "independents")
                    The Assman

Comment

They looked pretty good. Not overly physical, but their wing was very impressive on the block, and they had some strong perimeter shooting. Several of those perimeter shots were impressive and unguardable.

I'm confident we win by double digits, but I like their team, and especially the wing.

It it was funny seeing people here judge them by their win total, especially compared to Texas Southern. Cal Poly was statistically a much better team, less wins or not. #170 on KenPom, which puts them above ORU, DePaul, and several Valley teams. The win total is because they played the #30 noncon SOS, not because they're a terrible team ... They could have been an 18 win team with a more appropriate noncon SOS. Surprisingly deep, too ... Seem comfortable playing ten guys.

Good luck to em.
                      Last edited by Rlh04d; March 20, 2014, 02:40 AM.
                      Originally posted by BleacherReport
                      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

I take nothing for granted except that JoCo sucks and ksu are coat tail riders with Kung fu grips.

Cal Poly plays on adrenaline with nothing to lose. Shox shakin' off 2 weeks of practice.

Shox. 78
                        'Stangs. 65

Sad twist: Mustangs had their football team perish in a crash 10 years before WSU.

Comment

Poly got those 19 losses somehow. Seems like there should be plenty of good tape on them.

I can tell you this much, they won't get as many unguarded threes as they did last night. At least I hope not.

Comment

I mentioned in a different thread that Cal-Poly was better than their record. Competitive against Arizona, even early, should tell you all you need to know. I promise you they have the team's full attention.

That being said, our guys are getting better, and playing their best basketball of the season.

And just a little note to the talking heads and non-believers still out there, these kids are pretty good.

I like our chances.

#PlayAngry

Comment

Comparative Stats from StatSheet - WSU vs Cal Poly

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

The real X factor in post-season play IMHO is that is very difficult to predict how any particular team will react to a new start on their year. New life, so to speak, that makes the regular season of somewhat less significance as a factor in predicting how a team will play.

Fortunately the Shocks, under Coach Marshall, have a pretty good history of reacting well to a new start as well especially last year and the year of our NIT Championship.

So far this year the Shocks have shown an amazing ability to focus on the task at hand and take care of business. I don't really see that changing.

Shocks are AWSUM!

Comment

Working...
                                X