WSU VERSUS CAL POLY PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
    A ONE SEED HAS NEVER LOST!!!! WHY ARE SOME OF YOU ALL WORKED UP AND WORRIED???

Seriously, it like some if you on here are starting to buy into the media BS against WSU.

This team hasn't overlooked ANYONE all season. That is why they are undefeated.

Let's just enjoy this team going 35-0 and finding out who their next opponent will be.
    I haven't noticed anyone overly worried and you are the one that seems to be worked up. No one else has been shouting for example.

You are correct in that the team hasn't overlooked anyone this year. While a factor, it is not in and of itself why they are undefeated. In addition to respecting their opponents, the Shocks are talented, well-prepared, play hard, are unflappable and have great team chemistry.

I have no doubt that every Shocker fan will celebrate going 35-0 when it happens. But most probably are not counting their chickens before they are hatched and many of us, following lead of our great Shocker coaches and team, are giving our opponent a healthy dose of respect and attention.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion and thoughts on this, but so are others.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      Close or even down a little at half, up 4-6 with ten minutes to go but then
      they wear down some. Shox 74 - 65
      Well that was dire.

If you think you've seen Shocker hate now, if that happens....
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
        Maybe it's because so far none of the #1 seeds are blowing anyone out. Florida, the overall #1 seed, only won by 12.
        and i fully expect cal poly to show some moxie.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
          For anyone hosting WSU watch parties tonight, a good pregame activity might be taking in the Baseball Shox on ESPNU as they start the Valley schedule against MSU. First pitch at 5:30.

WSU athletics is kind of a big deal.
          Awesome but horrible timing though.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            Well that was dire.

If you think you've seen Shocker hate now, if that happens....
            I'll take that right now and be celebrating 35-0. If that causes the talking heads to add more fuel to the Woo Shock Train then all the better.

This is March Madness. It is survive and advance. Style points don't count for much.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              I'll take that right now and be celebrating 35-0. If that causes the talking heads to add more fuel to the Woo Shock Train then all the better.

This is March Madness. It is survive and advance. Style points don't count for much.
              Good point and I'll take it too. But my heart won't like it.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                Maybe it's because so far none of the #1 seeds are blowing anyone out. Florida, the overall #1 seed, only won by 12.
                Florida has been wavering lately. Kind of like Syracuse was before they started their downward spiral. They are ripe for the taking, if Pitt shows up tomorrow.
                The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  Good point and I'll take it too. But my heart won't like it.
                  Who knows how this game will go. The Shocks could come out and play their best game of the year and make those predicting a 20-30 point blowout look like geniuses. Or as @shockmonster points out if the Shocks have a poor shooting game and Cal Poly plays well it could be interesting.

I do believe this Cal Poly team is better (at this point in time) than its record indicates.

The played Arizona to within 11 points earlier in the year at Tuscon when Arizona still had Brandon Ashley. The trailed that game 51-45 before Arizona pulled away to a 73-62 win.

I'll take a 10-point win on a neutral court and be very satisfied. A 20-point win would be wonderful and I would love that, but either way the Shocks will be 35-0 with a game against Kentucky or K-State in front of them.

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                    Florida has been wavering lately. Kind of like Syracuse was before they started their downward spiral. They are ripe for the taking, if Pitt shows up tomorrow.
                    It could happen. Pitt certainly came ready to play against Colorado. I wonder if the beatdown the Shocks put on Pitt last year may have contributed to Pitt's focus and intensity in that game with CU.

Comment

What time can you get in the arena with session 2 tickets?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        Who knows how this game will go. The Shocks could come out and play their best game of the year and make those predicting a 20-30 point blowout look like geniuses. Or as @shockmonster points out if the Shocks have a poor shooting game and Cal Poly plays well it could be interesting.

I do believe this Cal Poly team is better (at this point in time) than its record indicates.

The played Arizona to within 11 points earlier in the year at Tuscon when Arizona still had Brandon Ashley. The trailed that game 51-45 before Arizona pulled away to a 73-62 win.

I'll take a 10-point win on a neutral court and be very satisfied. A 20-point win would be wonderful and I would love that, but either way the Shocks will be 35-0 with a game against Kentucky or K-State in front of them.
                        The thing that makes me feel good about our team, compared to everyone else's, is that they take EVERYONE seriously. And are just an emotionless, focused, disciplined basketball team. It's a very reassuring thing to have.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I'll be at Tanners at K7 and SM pkwy with 3 other Shocker lifers if anyone in Joco wants good company for the game tonight.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                            I'll be at Tanners at K7 and SM pkwy with 3 other Shocker lifers if anyone in Joco wants good company for the game tonight.
                            I guess I should say Im here now....
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Is this the anguish one must endure as a fan of a 1 seed? I've never had the chance before. To be torn between my confidence in the Shox abilities and the numbers (117-0), I can't help but think, if... if, WSU was to loose, what pain Shocker Nation, and the players, would be in. This is still a game, and not a gimme no matter what the number say. That said, I think Poly will play to past their normal ability for most of the first half, but, the Shox will ultimately win by 14. WSU 74 CAL POLY 60.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker_torero View Post
                                Is this the anguish one must endure as a fan of a 1 seed? I've never had the chance before. To be torn between my confidence in the Shox abilities and the numbers (117-0), I can't help but think, if... if, WSU was to loose, what pain Shocker Nation, and the players, would be in. This is still a game, and not a gimme no matter what the number say. That said, I think Poly will play to past their normal ability for most of the first half, but, the Shox will ultimately win by 14. WSU 74 CAL POLY 60.
                                it's their superbowl (yes, even in the ncaa tournament, they'll get that). shox may as well not freak out over it. expect it every game. those teams, all of them, will start out geeked, over the moon.

Comment

Working...
                                X