Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auburn Hires, what else has opened up that wasn't earlier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saw that yesterday and kind of was like hmmm....

We cant worry about the future or what may happen. Enjoy Marshall now and the team loaded with great players!

Comment

• If a coaching move like this was done so late in the game, I wouldn't be surprised to see Florida promote an assistant as a one-year interim and then make a move next offseason. I don't think any currently-coaching college coach would be interested in taking a job in the summer, even a pretty good job like Florida.
      78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
        I don't think any currently-coaching college coach would be interested in taking a job in the summer, even a pretty good job like Florida.
        I think almost all currently-coaching college coaches would be interested in taking a job in the summer, especially a really good job like Florida.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
          I think almost all currently-coaching college coaches would be interested in taking a job in the summer, especially a really good job like Florida.
          Okay, so I underestimated a little bit. I am just saying that at this late point in the recruiting cycle, if Florida had an opening in mid-June or July, not only would an incoming coach not have a team of "his players" for the next year, but he'd also be behind on recruiting for the '15 class. We'll see how it goes.

The other caveat was that I was referring to coaches who would actually be considered for this job. Yes, there are 300+ D-1 coaches who would jump at this job, late recruiting and all...but those coaches aren't ones who would be considered for this job.
          Last edited by WuShock16; May 28, 2014, 10:33 AM.
          78-65

Comment

• Some of you are acting just like Jenn Bates said you do. Paranoia and obsession over Marshall leaving.

Comment

• At least Donovan is trying to be honest in what he says. You can't break promises you don't make. Gregg has NEVER promised he would be here for ANY specific length of time. As the saying goes -- what will be, will be. Relax and enjoy Marshall for as long as he decides to stay. I'm fine with whatever he does but would be very happy to see him here for the next 10 to 15 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                Some of you are acting just like Jenn Bates said you do. Paranoia and obsession over Marshall leaving.
                I thought she said we should be paranoid and obsessed.
                Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                  At least Donovan is trying to be honest in what he says. You can't break promises you don't make. Gregg has NEVER promised he would be here for ANY specific length of time. As the saying goes -- what will be, will be. Relax and enjoy Marshall for as long as he decides to stay. I'm fine with whatever he does but would be very happy to see him here for the next 10 to 15 years.
                  And Coach Marshall is pretty much the exact same way. I think most Coaches are probably smart enough to never say never.

Comment

• “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• I think that this is one of the few jobs that Marshall would have a legitimate interest in. He likes that part of the country, it's a well established program, no rebuilding job. I do think we can compete financially and that this being Kellen's senior year in high school would make this a very difficult decision for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
                        STOP worrying about things that are just speculation! Damn we need a game to talk about! Drive to Goebel's, purchase a 4-pack of Stone's Sublimely Self Righteous Ale, relax and enjoy the summer!
                        I think I'll try a 4-pack while enjoying the scenery on the beach...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                        X