Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auburn Hires, what else has opened up that wasn't earlier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
    Admit it...y'all are jealous. FYI - the reason I am proud of this pic is because it represents me losing 126 pounds. By the way this pic was also taken at the exact moment I posted this response in this thread. Cool, huh?!?!
    Good Lord, upgrade to a wireless keyboard already, you're embarrassing us!

Nice beard tho.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
      I really don't have any problem with what JH4P posts or what anyone else posts. Someone has one point of view and another person has another point of view. I just read each viewpoint and move on.

Every time I see JH4P mentioned in a post I know there's a Fever coming on. And the best medicine for that is to just ignore the posts.
      Let's see your ignoring in action.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
        I call BS. Referencing my “overall behavior” has become a generic, unlimited excuse to make false statements about me or to criticize me for virtually anything I post, regardless of what it was I said. I’ll accept criticism any day of the week if it is actually honest criticism. If you truly believe what you just said, then read the following and tell me what I did wrong here. I’m all ears.

1) After 6 posts (3 of which were yours, Shock Therapy) referencing me in a thread I wasn’t actively posting in, I responded, admitting that I am indeed often wrong and not afraid to admit it. I made a joke about “thanks for thinking of me” and had no intention of posting further in the thread. I was not mad at anyone. I didn’t think anyone was mad at me. Everyone was having a little fun. Time to move on. Now, tell me what I did wrong there.

2) After yet another Shocker Fever post basically telling me how dumb I am, Kung Wu made a comment about how he didn’t want to see another “JH4P vs Fever heavyweight bout”. I found it strange that after months of me voluntarily refusing to have any more of these “heavyweight bouts”, and dozens of continued posts by Fever trying to goad me into one, people still seem to refer to me and Fever as if we are still going at it like in “the old days”. I mentioned this in response to Kung Wu’s comment, simply pointing out that if there is any complaining to do, don’t direct it at me. A simple “yeah, Fever just can’t drop it, can he?” or no response at all is what I expected. Now, tell me what I did wrong there.

3) Several posters followed this up with jokes about cardboard cutouts. Kung Wu said it would be funny if I made a cardboard cutout of Charles Barkley as my avatar. Shox21 came out of nowhere and said something like “please children, stop fighting”. I found this weird as we were all really being silly and joking. No fighting was taking place other than of course the post Fever made, yet again goading me to respond. Anyway, I responded lightheartedly to Shox21 about how I thought the cardboard cutout conversation was funny. To each his own though. Whatever. The thread was entertaining and there wasn’t any reason for anybody to be offended at this point. Now, tell me what I did wrong there.

4) At this point, Aargh jumped in with a strange post asking me to not post at all if I didn’t have anything to contribute. I say strange because of the extensive off-topic conversation being had by everyone for the prior 20-30 posts in the thread. I thought it was odd to single me out, especially since other posters had regularly been bringing me up as a conversation topic on their own. If so concerned about off-topic posting, why not address them? The funny thing was that Aargh had been completely off-topic in this very thread a mere page back. The irony was delicious and so I pointed it out. Nothing mean-spirited, just poking a little fun and something that came across extremely hypocritical. If you are going to call someone out for a “sin” that you just got done committing yourself, you should expect to be laughed at. Anyway, I had my fun and once again had no future plans to post further in this thread. Now, tell me what I did wrong there.

5) Next came a flurry of comments about how annoying I am. I truly didn’t see why 1-4 above should annoy anyone, so I asked my “critics” to give me something specific to dwell on because I don’t deal well with super vague generalities. If I truly am being annoying, someone should be able to tell me why. Shock Therapy, as much as I disagree with your post above about the “bigger picture”, I do at least appreciate that you gave me something to think about and made a legitimate attempt to explain yourself. That is much more than I can say about most of my “critics”. Anyway, once again, tell me what I did wrong there.

6) Steeleshocker came along and said I have an obsessive compulsive disorder to try and win arguments that have no relevance to the discussion topic. He found this annoying. I’m not sure how I take the blame considering there were 6 posts about me prior to my arrival in the thread and many more following each and every post I would make, but once again, whatever. People were commenting about me and I simply responded, very directly, to their comments, usually with a single response to a single poster. I told Steel that he could always ignore my comments if he wasn’t interested, noting that ignoring fewer than 4 posts/day out of hundreds, maybe thousands, shouldn’t be all that hard. He made a single comment about how he feels about me. I made a single comment about how I think he should handle things. Over. Done with. Atleast in my mind. Now, tell me what I did wrong there.

7) Good old Aargh jumped back in at this point. He compared my “less than 4 posts per day” to his “1.65 posts per day” and criticized me for it. Of course he used completely different time frames (4 months that included the bulk of basketball season vs 9 years). I made a lighthearted comment about how if he wanted to use 9 years as the standard (which I have been a part of this board the entire time) then the real numbers were Aargh (1.65) vs JH4P (0.3). He had made me laugh, and I let him know it. Once again, just me having fun with someone’s lackluster attempt to call me out. Good times. Everyone should just laugh and move on. Now, tell me what I did wrong there.

8) MoValley John made a comment about midgets. I liked his post. I thought it was funny. You (Shock Therapy) made a comment about intellectual midgets. I also thought that was funny. However, I did not “like” your post by officially clicking the like button. I hope your feelings were not hurt, but tell me, did I really do something wrong there?

9) More comments about JH4P vs Fever followed by Awesome Sauce Malone basically calling this thread gay. Nothing for me to comment on though until Aargh came along again. After going off-topic prior to complaining about me going off-topic, he then completed the sandwich by going off-topic after his complaint as well. I found this humorous and jabbed him for it. Now, tell me what I did wrong there.

10) SHOCKvalue decided it was a good time to start some fun “JH4P sits in the basement in his whitey-tighties” style dialog. I did not respond. Now, tell me what I did wrong there.

11) Aargh made yet another appearance stating that when he goes off-topic, he waits until after the thread has “already been destroyed, rather than causing threads to be totally destroyed”. Once again, it was just too funny. He was obviously blaming me for this thread “being destroyed”, yet one of his off-topic, “thread destroying” posts was made before I even showed up. I pointed this laughable omission out and had a good laugh myself. Now, tell me what I did wrong there.

Shock Therapy, at this point you called me out, said I knew what I was doing, that nobody was on my side, and that I had gone off the deep end. Tell me, what in that 11 points above was I “doing”, and how exactly was I “off the deep end”. I am not trolling. I am giving a legitimate account of my views on how this thread played out. I see people who can’t take a joke, people who hypocritically criticize me for things they are practically in the middle of doing themselves, and a guy like Fever who pretty much just hates my guts.

I hope everyone has enjoyed my lunchtime novel. It will be out in stores later this week. Have a great day Shocker fans!
        translation: you need to be deemed right once again.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
          translation: you need to be deemed right once again.
          If someone is going to whine and complain about me and say something I did was wrong, their comments come across pretty hollow when they completely refuse to be specific. Dancing around the issue is what people do when their argument has no substance.

I made it very easy. I summarized everything and simply asked, “if I was wrong, tell me where”. It appears that when asked for substance, some of the members of this board flop aside quicker than Marcus Smart on Big Monday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Good Lord, upgrade to a wireless keyboard already, you're embarrassing us!

Nice beard tho.
            Feel bad for Pogo. When we played golf on Saturday, he had to drive the cart from the roof because my sideboard skin flaps kept pushing him out of the cart as we drove over bumps in the rough looking for my drives all day.

Edit: FYI-we also came upon a dried out cow patty that we were sure was transplanted from somewhere in southwest Texas.
            Last edited by SHOXAAC; May 15, 2014, 12:58 PM. Reason: Cow patty transplant history

Comment

• GIFSoup

“Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

If someone is going to whine and complain about me and say something I did was wrong, their comments come across pretty hollow when they completely refuse to be specific. Dancing around the issue is what people do when their argument has no substance.

I made it very easy. I summarized everything and simply asked, “if I was wrong, tell me where”. It appears that when asked for substance, some of the members of this board flop aside quicker than Marcus Smart on Big Monday.
                You're wrong. Nothing specific. You're just wrong.

How's that for ya?
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• 7) Good old Aargh jumped back in at this point. He compared my “less than 4 posts per day” to his “1.65 posts per day” and criticized me for it. Of course he used completely different time frames (4 months that included the bulk of basketball season vs 9 years). I made a lighthearted comment about how if he wanted to use 9 years as the standard (which I have been a part of this board the entire time) then the real numbers were Aargh (1.65) vs JH4P (0.3). He had made me laugh, and I let him know it. Once again, just me having fun with someone’s lackluster attempt to call me out. Good times. Everyone should just laugh and move on. Now, tell me what I did wrong there.
                  Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post

"Just the facts, Ma'am."

Aargh's posts since January 15, 2014 (4 months ago) -- 354 -- Avg/day=2.95
                  JH4P's posts since January 15, 2014 (4 months ago) -- 483 -- Avg/day=4.03

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerGorilla View Post
                    "Just the facts, Ma'am."

Aargh's posts since January 15, 2014 (4 months ago) -- 354 -- Avg/day=2.95
                    JH4P's posts since January 15, 2014 (4 months ago) -- 483 -- Avg/day=4.03
                    Thank you for the numbers. You used apples to apples. I appreciate that. My only question now is, “what does that prove?” All posters who feel that they see a deep meaning in the fact that I have outposted Aargh at a 1.3 to 1 ratio over the past 4 months are welcome to discuss further if desired. For those complaining about boring, off-topic conversations, I can’t imagine that one will do much to liven the mood.

I’m still waiting for the complainer who wants to step up and actually tell me what I did that was wrong and warranted all the criticism that has been heaped on me. I provided 11 points. Pick one.

Comment

• This is my post per day history: 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233, 377, 610, 987, 1597
                      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                        This is my post per day history: 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233, 377, 610, 987, 1597
                        Is the golden ratio why you are somewhat pleasant despite also being a Creighton fan?

Comment

• The frumious Bandersnatch!"

He took his vorpal sword in hand:

Long time the manxome foe he sought—

So rested he by the Tumtum tree,

And stood awhile in thought.

And as in uffish thought he stood,

The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,

Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,

And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! and through and through

The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!

He left it dead, and with its head

He went galumphing back.

"And hast thou slain the Jabberwock?

Come to my arms, my beamish boy!

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"
                          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Thank you for the numbers. You used apples to apples. I appreciate that. My only question now is, “what does that prove?” All posters who feel that they see a deep meaning in the fact that I have outposted Aargh at a 1.3 to 1 ratio over the past 4 months are welcome to discuss further if desired. For those complaining about boring, off-topic conversations, I can’t imagine that one will do much to liven the mood.

I’m still waiting for the complainer who wants to step up and actually tell me what I did that was wrong and warranted all the criticism that has been heaped on me. I provided 11 points. Pick one.
                            These types of posts are perfect examples for your complaints and criticisms.

If I were you, I'd lay low for a while. But then again, you like basking in the glory of being Public Enemy #1. Quite the honor.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              Sorry to change subjects but the Cavs are rumored to be showing interest in Calipari.
                              Cal is not going anywhere this year. He just had a hip replacement. Not a good time for him to go anywhere. Next year, who knows...
                              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Could be more coaching moves yet to come....

Florida coach Billy Donovan reiterated at the Southeastern Conference's annual spring meetings Tuesday that he is committed to the Gators but left open the possibility of jumping to the NBA.
                                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X