No Selection Sunday watch party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
    I understand. The reaction would be that of surprise though, more of a jubilation. The event is for a celebration of the season thus far. Not just one for hoping we make the tournament. It's like a New Years party: you know it's going to happen, but you still celebrate at midnight.

My only thing is that some people on here only agree with every decision WSU makes. That if WSU decided to do an event, the same people arguing against it would then be arguing for it.
    In this case yes, because we all trust that HCGM knows what he's doing.

Comment

I understand the sentiment for wanting one. I would have wanted to enjoy that with the team. Maybe something again for season ticket holders? Give them another chance to enjoy something with the team, other than having to fork up the probably-thousands of dollars to follow the team around. Also gives another opportunity to show off our fan support on a HUGE stage.

As for the "act like you've been there." I don't really agree with that at all. Tons of blue-bloods have this at their arenas with fans there. Nothing wrong with celebrating that at all.

But at the end of the day, it is obviously the teams choice. Have to stand by what they want.
      Goo Shockers

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxFan45 View Post
        I understand the sentiment for wanting one. I would have wanted to enjoy that with the team. Maybe something again for season ticket holders? Give them another chance to enjoy something with the team, other than having to fork up the probably-thousands of dollars to follow the team around. Also gives another opportunity to show off our fan support on a HUGE stage.

As for the "act like you've been there." I don't really agree with that at all. Tons of blue-bloods have this at their arenas with fans there. Nothing wrong with celebrating that at all.

But at the end of the day, it is obviously the teams choice. Have to stand by what they want.
        Well said.
        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxFan45 View Post
          Plus we haven't been there (a lock for a No. 1 seed) before have we? I can live with whatever 3G decides is best for the team.

This has been a really special season, but the Shocks still have an opportunity to make this the most unbelievable, mind-blowing, off-the-charts, wonderful and enter any other positive adjectives you like here season in the history of Wichita State and one of the best college basketball stories EVER. I find myself dreaming about that every now and then and try to bring myself back to earth. Talk about a potential for a Shut-Down the City, Close the Schools Celebration. Oh my, oh my, oh my, oh my, oh my. Whatever happens I am so proud of this Shocker team. Not only because of what they have accomplished but how they have gone about the process and because of who they are as young men. They are setting a standard of class and maturity that is simply outstanding and quite frankly, in this day and age of instant gratification, somewhat surprising and a big contrast to the behavior of some of their detractors who supposedly are much more experienced in life.

:poster_shocks:

Comment

In the SI article that was written by Luke Winn, he talked about how the Shockers didn't sing their usual victory song until after they won the Championship game on Sunday. They did this because they wanted to do things differently from how it had been done in the past, to end the streak of bad luck in STL. This showed me that HCGM is probably a pretty superstitious guy, and having played college baseball, I'm also very superstitious.

Last year they didn't have a watch party, look at the results.

In 2012 they did have a watch party, look at the results.

I think HCGM might try to replicate what they did last year, even if being superstitious seems funny.

To quote Bull Durham: "If you believe your playing well because you're getting laid, or because you're not getting laid, or because you wear women's underwear, then you are!"*

*Authors note - this is definitely the strangest, most rambling post I've ever made on ShockerNet, and for that I'm truly sorry if you read all of this.

Comment

My take was that it had less to do with superstition and more to do with the program's approach that anything less than winning the Valley tourney was a complete failure of what they wanted to do.

Comment

I'm crazy, so it's no big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by ciaomichael View Post
                  Basic message to the fans: act like you've been there before.
                  For some reason, I really dislike the above expression.

Joy is joy and I believe that it is just fine and dandy to be joyous, provided society is not harmed.
                  "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

If I remember correctly, there is a watch party at Side Pockets during the Lutz video shocker tournament event. Shockernet folks could gather there.

Comment

Yes, I think they went to Lutz and asked for permission to have a fan watch party and Lutz said that he already had this planned.

Comment

Wish they were doing it, but I understand not doing it.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                        X