No Selection Sunday watch party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Selection Sunday watch party

Wondering about the feelings on the announcement of WSU not hosting a get together this Sunday to watch the pairings being announced?

Sounds like a great opportunity that they are missing out on.

Anything to sell the program right now can only be beneficial.

Personally, I think it would be fun to watch at CKA with the team watching along as well.
    The Assman

Comment

I'm actually okay with it. They've been under the microscope so much lately. Let's give them a chance to celebrate this one as a team, privately. They know the fans are going to support them, no matter what.

Would it be fun to watch with the team? Sure. But I'll be just as comfortable watching on my couch with a drink in my hand.
      Three things in life are constant- death, taxes, and Creighton losing in the first weekend of the tournament.

AAC or Bust!

Comment

I wanted it but I also get why they aren't doing it
        1) We aren't just happy to get in the dance anymore like 2 years ago.
        2) We already know the sexy details.
        3) Mike Kennedy already has enough work to do.
        4) I think CKA is already spoken for with HS tourney stuff no?
        5) Are the concession stands ready for us?
        6) Autograph hounds. Let me expand on this thought for a minute.

Remember a few years ago when the team came out after a game and sat at a table and one item per person + poster signing? I feel like I waited in line for an hour or so for that. Not too bad and it was cool.

Can you imagine that line now?

And if everyone was in that line for the reason I'm in the line -- for something to put up over the TV to collect dust -- I'm cool with that. But we know that isn't true. "Sign this for my kid" means "I'll have this on eBay before I leave the parking lot." $250 for the signed SI? Blah. If I had one of those you couldn't pry it from my cold dead hands.

So yeah, I can see why they are putting an end to that stuff.

Comment

Well according to a contact I have at CBS (and backed up by a contact at FOX that knows someone at CBS), CBS will be here, kind of in an all access type of thing, so visiting with coach and players with 10k fans screaming their collective heads off might not be what they are looking for.

We're getting lots of national attention. We'll get more.

Support the program, do everything angry. Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
            6) Autograph hounds. Let me expand on this thought for a minute.

Remember a few years ago when the team came out after a game and sat at a table and one item per person + poster signing? I feel like I waited in line for an hour or so for that. Not too bad and it was cool.

Can you imagine that line now?
            Excellent point. These guys are really getting overwhelmed right now and I think the coaches and administration are doing the right thing putting up some barriers. Baker and Wessell, especially, just can't do anything when it's WSU related.

Let's keep in mind, there's still a bigger prize. There will be plenty of time and opportunity to thank these guys down the road. For now, be good fans. Do everything you can to support the program, but let's allow these kids to focus on the goals.
            Last edited by WuDrWu; March 12, 2014, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Basic message to the fans: act like you've been there before.

Comment

Originally posted by ciaomichael View Post
                This. I enjoyed having one in 2012 because WSU hadn't been in the Big Dance for 6 years. I was completely fine with not having one last year, and I'm completely fine with not having one this year, because the team doesn't want to just make an appearance in the NCAA Tournament, they're there to win games.

Comment

Originally posted by ciaomichael View Post
                  I'm pretty sure they have done live look-ins to programs who have "been there" many times before.

It's just a chance to promote the great fan base.

I understand why they aren't doing it, but I do believe it could be beneficial if they did choose to have a hosted event.
                  The Assman

Comment

I am on board with not having a watch party. It's no longer about just getting in, it's about winning the whole effing thing. This is just a way for our guys to keep their eyes on the prize.
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                      And if everyone was in that line for the reason I'm in the line -- for something to put up over the TV to collect dust -- I'm cool with that. But we know that isn't true. "Sign this for my kid" means "I'll have this on eBay before I leave the parking lot." $250 for the signed SI? Blah. If I had one of those you couldn't pry it from my cold dead hands.

So yeah, I can see why they are putting an end to that stuff.
                      $250? Eww. I bought one for $100 two weeks back.
                      Originally posted by BleacherReport
                      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

I file this under "act like we've been there." I can understand why coach would want to take the attitude. It's not going to be a surprise. So why put on a big show.

Comment

It's just funny how some people say "enjoy the ride" and then when an opportunity come up to do that they say "act like we have been there". Not saying I agree or disagree, it's just kind if contradicting.

No one has gone 34-0 into the dance before. If anytime would call for a big show, this would be it. We want GameDay to come to Wichita and this would be an opportunity to show them why they should come.
                          The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                            It's just funny how some people say "enjoy the ride" and then when an opportunity come up to do that they say "act like we have been there". Not saying I agree or disagree, it's just kind if contradicting.

No one has gone 34-0 into the dance before. If anytime would call for a big show, this would be it. We want GameDay to come to Wichita and this would be an opportunity to show them why they should come.
                            I'm not saying that we can't celebrate it. Not the same thing. But you have to admit that there is something artificial about having a ton of people into Koch for a reaction to something that isn't even remotely a surprise. Kind of like if we had stormed the court in St Louis. You only do that sort of thing when there's some doubt and anxiety.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                              I'm not saying that we can't celebrate it. Not the same thing. But you have to admit that there is something artificial about having a ton of people into Koch for a reaction to something that isn't even remotely a surprise. Kind of like if we had stormed the court in St Louis. You only do that sort of thing when there's some doubt and anxiety.
                              I understand. The reaction would be that of surprise though, more of a jubilation. The event is for a celebration of the season thus far. Not just one for hoping we make the tournament. It's like a New Years party: you know it's going to happen, but you still celebrate at midnight.

My only thing is that some people on here only agree with every decision WSU makes. That if WSU decided to do an event, the same people arguing against it would then be arguing for it.
                              The Assman

Comment

Working...
                              X