Gregg Marshall is Sporting News Coach of the Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
    I was watching the SDSU vs UNLV game the night before we left for Arch Madness. Much to my dismay, He-who-must-not-be-named was one of the color analysts. My knee jerk reaction was to turn the channel when I heard his slimy smug voice. But I waned to watch the game so I dealt with it. As time was winding down the other color analyst started to tout Steve Fischer as national coach of the year. When He-who-must-not-be-named joined the conversation he listed off a few reasonable sounding names like the Virginia coach etc (GGG was not mentioned by Voldy) before dropping this pearl upon the viewers. He honestly believes that Scott Drew belongs in the conversation for national coach of the year. I L'd my effing A off.

Gregg Marshall is the national coach of the year. And it isn't even close.
    Speechless..
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
      I was watching the SDSU vs UNLV game the night before we left for Arch Madness. Much to my dismay, He-who-must-not-be-named was one of the color analysts. My knee jerk reaction was to turn the channel when I heard his slimy smug voice. But I waned to watch the game so I dealt with it. As time was winding down the other color analyst started to tout Steve Fischer as national coach of the year. When He-who-must-not-be-named joined the conversation he listed off a few reasonable sounding names like the Virginia coach etc (GGG was not mentioned by Voldy) before dropping this pearl upon the viewers. He honestly believes that Scott Drew belongs in the conversation for national coach of the year. I L'd my effing A off.

Gregg Marshall is the national coach of the year. And it isn't even close.
      Scott Drew?!?!?! That boy's smokin' some powerful stuff. They're a few coaches in his own conference ahead of him in that discussion.

Comment

Scott Drew seriously couldn't win a COY award in a YMCA league. The man can recruit, but his coaching is horrific.

Comment

Man, I wish I could get paid to suck at my job as much as Gottlieb does.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Didn't see this posted yet.

Gregg Marshall is the USA Today Coach Of The Year:

www.usatoday.com/picture-gallery/sports/ncaab/2014/03/12/usa-today-sports-all-america-team-in-college-basketball/6338579/

Have to go all the way thru the All Americans list. 3G is the last photo.

May need to change the title of this thread since 3G now has recieved his third COY honor.
            "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

@CBTonNBC: Gregg Marshall, Billy Donovan among finalists for Naismith Coach of the Year award http://wp.me/p1aWjM-23AJ
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Just got a Bleacher Report notification that Marshall has been named Henry Iba Coach of the year. It won't let me post the article from my phone though

Comment

That is also known as USBWA coach of the year award

Comment

Anyone know the difference between Henry Iba and Naismith COY awards?
                    "The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning."
                    -- Pele

Comment

If Marshall doesn't win all the COY awards, I will be sorely dissapoited at the voting committe's lack of judgement.
                      The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Perezident View Post
                        Anyone know the difference between Henry Iba and Naismith COY awards?
                        Naismith is presented by the Atlanta Tipoff Club as opposed to the USBWA for the Iba

Comment

Fan easier, fan faster and fan better with Bleacher Report. Keep up with the latest storylines, expert analysis, highlights and scores for all your favorite sports.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

The CBS article:
                            www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24499055/gregg-marshall-wins-henry-iba-coach-of-the-year-award

That makes four. He might as well win them all.
                            "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Cha-Ching!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X