F'ing Valley people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F'ing Valley people

At the game yesterday I was sitting between a few people wearing Valley clothing. Hey! So there are people that buy that stuff.

Anyways, they were quite annoying. I know most Shocker fans were standing for defense but they were butthurt about that. "That's ok at home..." to which I said "Looks like a home game to me."

But they were having discussions after Odum had a stretch of not getting the call. Their theory is that WSU will get "all" the calls because the refs want to be able to say "I worked their 34-0 game" etc.

So if the damn tshirts weren't a sign that the Valley office does not respect us then there is that. To tie it all up one of them even made a 1.9 crack.

But for some reason they all left at about the 4 minute mark. Gee I wonder why.

CU fans who didn't realize their team left the Valley?

Comment

CU fans who really like going to Arch Madness and didn't want to wear their BJ gear, so they bought some non-descript MVC gear to wear.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        CU fans who really like going to Arch Madness and didn't want to wear their BJ gear, so they bought some non-descript MVC gear to wear.
        I'll bet they were butthurt that they couldn't wear their white and blue striped overalls.
        "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

The InSU guys behind me were complaining about the refs no less than 2 minutes into the game. They hounded the refs all game long and kepts chanting "WSU sucks" and "overrated", it was hilariously sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
            The InSU guys behind me were complaining about the refs no less than 2 minutes into the game. They hounded the refs all game long and kepts chanting "WSU sucks" and "overrated", it was hilariously sad.
            To which I said "Do you hear that Mr. Anderson? That's the sound of inevitability."

Comment

The worst heckling I heard was MSU fans in their game against ISUr. It was basically every other play and a couple of guys were calling out all three refs by name. I moved seats before playing MSU in the semis.
              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Most of the fans I spoke with, mainly UNI & SIU fans, were nice and extremely complementary of the Shox plus all said they're rooting them to go 40-0. This was the fifth time I made the trip to the Lou and the 6 1/2 drive back is a whole lot easier after a win!
                If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

Haters gonna hate. That being said, I actually agree that ISU had a couple calls not go their way. A couple of the fouls called against ISU were very ticky-tacky. Nothing too serious or game changing, but there were a couple calls I wasn't quite sure of.

Comment

The ISUb fans we met were nice...they even bought us a bucket of beers!

Comment

About the officiating.

I thought the Shox got the benefit of how the game was called. Have you ever seen a top-10 or, especially, a top-5 team that didn't get the benefit of how the game was called?

We've been on the other side of that officiating phenomenon a few times in the past and in some fairly critical games. I recall games with UConn and Louisville where we did not benefit from how the game was called.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                        Haters gonna hate. That being said, I actually agree that ISU had a couple calls not go their way. A couple of the fouls called against ISU were very ticky-tacky. Nothing too serious or game changing, but there were a couple calls I wasn't quite sure of.
                        We did. I think Odum got the benefit of the doubt a few times, too, though. We were the ranked team basically playing at home, and he was the well respected fourth year senior. Those are situations where I expect the refs to give a few odd calls.
                        Originally posted by BleacherReport
                        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Driving home I felt like I just beat up a freshman and took his lunch money. It's only taken about 15 years of I-70 travels to finally enjoy that.

Comment

There is a certain place of elitism at certain colleges and in certain towns. In 2006 when we were in greensboro at the tourney, Duke fans of who knows what age would not get of of us for standing then they found a security person and literally made us all sit down during our game that they were not playing in.

Why are some schools so much more arrogant than others.... Louisville fans vs. Ohio State fans.... I wonder if Lousiville fans would be like that if we had won...
                            "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
                            CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

The only call I can remember not liking was the one that took Odum out of the game when Baker basically lost control and fell down. We would have still won the game without that call, so it doesn't matter, but I can just hear their fans saying that was the call that gave the game to us.

I just think that since it was his last Arch Madness, and he was bound to receive a big ovation later, it might have been nice if he had been in the game a little more down the stretch.

On the other hand, does anyone else remember that insane call where a guy tackles Tekele Cotton (which is always a dangerous move if you value your own safety), rips the ball away and throws it out of bounds? oh yeah, and the refs gave that ball to Indiana State. It was hilariously bad. Much worse of a call in Indiana State's favor than a handful of 50/50 foul calls that went our way. Games have a way of evening out, and I wouldn't say this game was too lopsided when all is said and done.

Comment

Working...
                              X