Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gottlieb needs a kick square in the grapes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    Why don't we just wait, and if the Shox win the National Championship….

We ignore him.
    I'd love that! After the big win, he's sucking up for an interview with our guys, and they just walk away.

Comment

Yes, I should let this thread die, however I couldn’t resist posting this nugget:

“Fun Fact: Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when we develop in the womb, the anus forms before any other opening. Which basically means at one point, you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.”
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        Yes, I should let this thread die, however I couldn’t resist posting this nugget:

“Fun Fact: Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when we develop in the womb, the anus forms before any other opening. Which basically means at one point, you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.”
        Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I kind of listen to sports radio through the day passively in the background, but I just noticed that DG is not on today and seems to have been pre-empted by some generic ESPN coverage.

I wonder if KFH gutted up and got rid of him. He was again particularly base yesterday towards WSU, but also towards the city of Wichita. I don't mean typical smack, but really rude stuff that made him sound like he had some sort of immature WSU/Wichita grudge.

If he's gone from KFH then good f***ing riddance.

Comment

Gottlieb is doing the Big East tournament games on CBS Sports channel.

Comment

Ah, makes sense. Got my hopes up a little too soon.

KFH could still be playing his show, but they are not. It is on right now, just with a guest host.

Comment

Here is a true small world story about Goatlube....

A coworker of mine is a Notre Same grad.

He had Goatlube in his English class and was assigned to a class project With him.

Of course Goatlube spent a lot of time @ this man`s dorm.

Goatlube knew where he left his billfold. He walked into this guy`s dorm room, took the credit card out of his billfold and maxed it out. There were 4 victims, including his BB teammate. I was told he used the credit cards for a girlfriend Goatlube was trying to impress.

His recollection was that Goatlube wasn't very bright'. He had carried him through class until he Goatlube was caught.

I just thought the rest of you might enjoy these details.......

Comment

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dcCW4?u...ege-basketball ok now Dougie has really hit rock bottom
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Holy crap this is about the first time I have ever agreed with Gottlieb. He made the point that the first four teams in Dayton should pit mid major teams vs BCS teams and teams like SMU that don't schedule should be left out. Could not agree more.

Comment

Gotta love Huggy Bear.

Seriously, if you want to have your mind blown look Gottlieb's CAREER free throw percentage. And then look at Shaq's. Not a typo.

Although I do clearly recall a direct quote from him on Andy Katz' podcast back in 2011 or so where he called Wichita State "maybe the best fan base in the country" and talked about fan support and attendance during the lean years.

Too bad that he's turned negative. I loved how smooth Malcolm was, but can't understand why Gottlieb seemed to like him more than he currently likes Fred.

Anyway. Seriously, look at those free throw stats and try to figure out how a D1 point guard - or even a high school PG - sees the floor with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                        I'd love that! After the big win, he's sucking up for an interview with our guys, and they just walk away.
                        No matter what we "fans" think, I would be shocked (and disappointed) if any of our players did that.
                        If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

I will have to say Doub Gottlieb is pretty good at his job. Basically he is in the attention gathering business. In this business it matters little what you do, say or know. The bottom line is due you draw a lot of attention from the public. Now I am sure there are lines that can't be crossed, but judging by this thread Gottlieb is pretty effective in the attention gathering business.

Comment

Working...
                          X