Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gottlieb needs a kick square in the grapes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
    Pro tip - the name is Gottlieb. It is easy to remember because you can't spell Gottlieb without lie.

(This post is brought to you by day 5 of fever and cold medicine and is not intended to be taken orally. Rosewood is not really correcting Blackmag but making a stupid joke. Seek immediate medical attention if this post gives you an erection at all.)
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

I'm putting out an open challenge to Doug on Twitter to have a real debate and end this ridiculousness one and for all. No more of this 140 character smack where you can't have a real debate. I'm willing to go on his show and hash it out.

If you want to follow me on Twitter and retweet it, my handle is @man_of_steele82.

He probably won't do it because he loves the sound of his voice too much. But I really feel like calling him out. If I win he can't complain about wichita state's schedule anymore and if he wins then I take out an ad in the eagle for his radio show.
      You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by jpshocker View Post
        I had done a pretty good job of ignoring him as of late but then the channel 12 news had to show a clip of him explaining his position agianst WSU again last night. Uggg.
        Your problem is that you are watching KWCH. I know several of us have changed local news channels after WSU being regularly ignored after Bruce left.
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
          I'm putting out an open challenge to Doug on Twitter to have a real debate and end this ridiculousness one and for all. No more of this 140 character smack where you can't have a real debate. I'm willing to go on his show and hash it out.

If you want to follow me on Twitter and retweet it, my handle is @man_of_steele82.

He probably won't do it because he loves the sound of his voice too much. But I really feel like calling him out. If I win he can't complain about wichita state's schedule anymore and if he wins then I take out an ad in the eagle for his radio show.
          The problem will be that you will be on his turf and he's going to dominate the conversation regardless of how good your points are. He will talk and talk and talk and if you try to be as wordy as him he will cut your sound off and interject when he chooses. That's why I was surprised he decided to go on Sports Daily. I don't think you'd ever get a fair playing field in that format. Besides, like others have said on here, I'm not so sure he really even believes what he's saying but he has certainly received a lot of publicity around these parts for this position. I've always told my kids to ignore the jerks in life and don't give them an audience to pander to. At the end if the day we will either kick ass in the tourney and he will shut up until next year or we could lose early and he will say "I told you so".
          "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

Generally when a certain person goes off on certain things it is from one or all of the following three things. That person is NOT too knowledgeable. That person is on drugs. Or simply that person has a personal vendetta from being "hurt" and seeks some sort of justice to make their self feel better. Good for Doug having a job and being in a position to share his feelings on a national stage and media outlets. Without that...he would be just another human being getting processed in the courts and more than likely find himself in prison for some sort of business related crime. He sure looks and sounds like the type.
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post
              Does anybody know who he thinks should be the four #1 seeds?
              VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Oklahoma St

Comment

The problem will be that you will be on his turf and he's going to dominate the conversation regardless of how good your points are. He will talk and talk and talk and if you try to be as wordy as him he will cut your sound off and interject when he chooses. That's why I was surprised he decided to go on Sports Daily. I don't think you'd ever get a fair playing field in that format. Besides, like others have said on here, I'm not so sure he really even believes what he's saying but he has certainly received a lot of publicity around these parts for this position. I've always told my kids to ignore the jerks in life and don't give them an audience to pander to. At the end if the day we will either kick ass in the tourney and he will shut up until next year or we could lose early and he will say "I told you so".
                While I understand your point, if he actually agrees (which he won't) I will require it to be an actual debate. 2 min to make the case, 30 sec cross exam, and 1 min rebuttals for both parties. Basically treat it like a presidential debate.

If he's a p***y who can't stand a real debate and has to talk over me then I will call him out on it (calmly and respectfully, I might add).

Comment

Why don't we just wait, and if the Shox win the National Championship….

We ignore him.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                    Generally when a certain person goes off on certain things it is from one or all of the following three things. That person is NOT too knowledgeable. That person is on drugs. Or simply that person has a personal vendetta from being "hurt" and seeks some sort of justice to make their self feel better. Good for Doug having a job and being in a position to share his feelings on a national stage and media outlets. Without that...he would be just another human being getting processed in the courts and more than likely find himself in prison for some sort of business related crime. He sure looks and sounds like the type.
                    Thanks for the laugh. I know that wasn't intended to be comedy, but thanks anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                      While I understand your point, if he actually agrees (which he won't) I will require it to be an actual debate. 2 min to make the case, 30 sec cross exam, and 1 min rebuttals for both parties. Basically treat it like a presidential debate.

If he's a p***y who can't stand a real debate and has to talk over me then I will call him out on it (calmly and respectfully, I might add).
                      Or you could go on and launch into a Clark Griswold rant until they dump you out and cut you off and we can all laugh at what an ass clown he is. That would be pretty sweet too.
                      "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

We ignore him.
                        Zero percent chance I ignore gottlieb if we win the NC. I might just break my no social media policy and get a twitter or Facebook acct just to flame him out.

Comment

Or you could go on and launch into a Clark Griswold rant until they dump you out and cut you off and we can all laugh at what an ass clown he is. That would be pretty sweet too.
                          Hahaha, that would be epic.

You know, I have a microphone, I may just record my case and put it on Twitter and see where it goes from there.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                            We ignore him.
                            If the Shox go 40-0 I'm coordinating a mass call in. I want his call screener to get nothing bot 316 calls that day.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                              If the Shox go 40-0 I'm coordinating a mass call in. I want his call screener to get nothing bot 316 calls that day.
                              After the nat'l championship, I'll have better things to do than think about this clown. I expect the party to last a couple of days.
                              Phi Alpha

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                                Your problem is that you are watching KWCH. I know several of us have changed local news channels after WSU being regularly ignored after Bruce left.
                                Definitely a trend..
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X