Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gottlieb needs a kick square in the grapes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He has at least added a qualifier to his claim we aren't a 1 seed to say that we will still get it. Now if someone calls him on this bullshit he will say "I was saying they weren't 1 seed material, not that they won't get a 1 seed."

Which we all know is bullshit.

Damn it people, just when I thought I was out y'all pull me back in.

Comment

Found this little nugget traveling on the interwebs:

Was followed up by this:

The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
        Gottlieb is such an amateur. First, No. 1 seed is not that important (only 45% of 1-seeds ever make it to the final 4). What really matters is not what seed you get, but what your matchups are. Look in 2012 - had the Selection Committee not underseeded VCU, WSU was poised to make some noise. In 2013, WSU was underseeded to the bad luck of Gonzaga.

Pomeroy has addressed the issue of WSU and has said the real question is not does WSU deserve/or not deserve a No. 1 seed because of their schedule and undefeated record, but do they deserve it because they are one of the 4 best team in the league? To answer that question, you have to start digging in mathematics formulation of Pomeroy, Sagrin, etc - which is hard and you are not going to get definitive answers. The reality is Gottlieb math challenged so he cherry picks things from RPI and SOS and ignores things like Non-Conf SOS. The reality is RPI is a metric that is flawed and has no predictive power unlike Sagrin rating.

To the KU haters - Pomeroy has looked at what WSU would do with KU schedule - his estimation would be WSU would win 2 more games than KU did (maybe 3 now with KU screwing up WV game).
        Last edited by SB Shock; March 12, 2014, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
          Gottlibe
          Pro tip - the name is Gottlieb. It is easy to remember because you can't spell Gottlieb without lie.

(This post is brought to you by day 5 of fever and cold medicine and is not intended to be taken orally. Rosewood is not really correcting Blackmag but making a stupid joke. Seek immediate medical attention if this post gives you an erection at all.)

Comment

More fun Gottlieb memes:

The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
              Gottlieb is such an amateur. First, No. 1 seed is not that important (only 45% of 1-seeds ever make it to the final 4). What really matters is not what seed you get, but what your matchups are. Look in 2012 - had the Selection Committee not underseeded VCU, WSU was poised to make some noise. In 2013, WSU was underseeded to the bad luck of Gonzaga.

Pomeroy has addressed the issue of WSU and has said the real question is not does WSU deserve/or not deserve a No. 1 seed because of their schedule and undefeated record, but do they deserve it because they are one of the 4 best team in the league? To answer that question, you have to start digging in mathematics formulation of Pomeroy, Sagrin, etc - which is hard and you are not going to get definitive answers. The reality is Gottlieb math challenged so he cherry picks things from RPI and SOS and ignores things like Non-Conf SOS. The reality is RPI is a metric that is flawed and has no predictive power unlike Sagrin rating.

To the KU haters - Pomeroy has looked at what WSU would do with KU schedule - his estimation would be WSU would win 2 more games than KU did (maybe 3 now with KU screwing up WV game).
              We weren't underseeded last year based on our resume, IMO.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                We weren't underseeded last year based on our resume, IMO.
                Only because the NCAA didn't take in account of WSU injuries through the season like they do BCS teams.

Comment

Did anyone here realize Gottlieb was a tech mag ad model?

Doug Gottlieb look-alike.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    Did anyone here realize Gottlieb was a tech mag ad model?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1388[/ATTACH]
                    "That's what she said"
                    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

I had done a pretty good job of ignoring him as of late but then the channel 12 news had to show a clip of him explaining his position agianst WSU again last night. Uggg.
                      "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

Does anybody know who he thinks should be the four #1 seeds?

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                          Yes Ok St, Ok St, Ok St and Ok St
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                            I don't remember, but he has a list of 8 or 9 teams that he thinks should be ahead of us, and that list has remained fairly constant regardless of losses. If you really pay attention to what he says, he appears to really value wins and losses don't seem to matter so long as you have so many top fifty wins. It's pretty messed up, but I think that's the corner that he's painted himself into and he just won't stop doubling down.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I think this guy, Ken Pomeroy, is probably the best at analyzing college basketball on a statistical level than anyone else. He was interviewed by DG last week, I know its DG, but it is a good interview and good analysis.

Scroll down the page, the interview was March 5.

I only put this here because this thread had to do with DG. I am impressed with a lot of the people he interviews don't fall into the trap he tries to set by discussing WSU. Pretty much everyone I have listened to has given WSU respect during the interviews, including Self.

Comment

Working...
                                X