Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gottlieb needs a kick square in the grapes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wichita State is getting a lot of extra publicity due to ******* and Gottleib's resistance to the truth.

Comment

Here is a classic I know you will like:

Doug Gottlieb for his thoughts on Fred VanVleet

"On his radio show, Doug Gottlieb said VanVleet is the weak link for Wichita State's team and not actually that good. Yup, that VanVleet with the 18th best off ensive rating in the NCAA per KenPom, a near 3-to-1 assist rate-to-turnover-rate (which is insane), and 41% three point shooting with 84% foul shooting. To p -100 recruit when he came to Wichita in 2012. Mhhmm, weak link for sure there."

With the most prestigious entertainment awards in all of the land coming up on Sunday, let us mock and ridicule the most ridiculous basketball moments of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by calfan View Post
        Here is a classic I know you will like:

Doug Gottlieb for his thoughts on Fred VanVleet

"On his radio show, Doug Gottlieb said VanVleet is the weak link for Wichita State's team and not actually that good. Yup, that VanVleet with the 18th best off ensive rating in the NCAA per KenPom, a near 3-to-1 assist rate-to-turnover-rate (which is insane), and 41% three point shooting with 84% foul shooting. To p -100 recruit when he came to Wichita in 2012. Mhhmm, weak link for sure there."

http://www.landgrantholyland.com/201...ants-ejections
        I like how there was only one person in the world who could out-stupid that comment and that one person was Jeff *******.

Comment

Sports "analysis" is really such a worthless profession that you need to have a "thing" to stand out and get ahead. Gottlieb clearly thinks his "thing" is hating on WSU and its schedule.

I'm not even sure if he fully believes what he says. But he believes it's what he's known for now, so he's running with it and trying to draw attention his way.
          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuente 858 View Post
            Got-lube?'s comment about Ind St being the JV was another No Class moment in a career filled with them. I would hope Mr. Elgin picks up the phone tomorrow and chats with the management at CBS sports. Dougie is on a short leash anyway after his voyage into racial jokes last year.

It should be noted that the JV squad beat one of Got-lube?'s old teams this year, Notre Dame, on the road this year and the Irish were ranked at the time. Also, Ind St didn't need to steal anybody's credit cards to do it.

And speaking of Dougie's old teams, I can't help but see the connection in this thread between Oklahoma St. and the repeated references to sheep.
            Question: What did the lamb say to the Ok St player? Answer: "Are you my Daaaaaaaa - dee?"
            Yeah, the JV Indiana State beat Notre Dame in South Bend...slapped 'em actually. In that same building a few weeks later, Duke lost to Notre Dame. Now, you can't compare teams that easily like that and use deductive reasoning to say that Indiana State must be better than Duke. That said, it should at least prove that ISU-Blue doesn't totally suck, especially since it is a Top 75 team. If the Trees do still suck, then DG better use his next breath to say that KU lost to a JV team on Saturday in Morgantown. Funny how that logic never transfers to the power conferences.
            78-65

Comment

The KU game against the Morgantown JV obviously constitutes a "quality loss", therefore DG has the only barometer he understands - losing.
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                Gottlibe has a very big ego, and has a problem admitting he could be wrong. Such a little man, and to think he said VanVleet is a liability. Every time Fred hit a big shot, we all were commenting to each otheir what a liability Fred was.
                And don't forget this line, "VanVleet cannot handle backcourt pressure."

I have seen every Shocker game this year plus replays many times and I can never remember Fred losing the ball, making a bad pass or otherwise turning the ball over.

As a contrast to Gottlieb, I am pretty sure that Fred can hit a free throw.
                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Instead of Hack a Shaq the strategy used when Goat lube played was Hack a Hack

Comment

Not that it will do any good but I fired off an email to CBS today about Gottfried's lack of class with the "JV" comment. Also about his constant bias toward mid-major teams and suggested they do another criminal background check on someone in front of the camera talking about college athletes. Suggested they do a really thorough background check and reminded them that ESPN had fired several people over the years for stupid comments that may or may not have been any worse than his.

Comment

Originally posted by ISU_TREE_FAN View Post
                      Not that it will do any good but I fired off an email to CBS today about Gottfried's lack of class with the "JV" comment. Also about his constant bias toward mid-major teams and suggested they do another criminal background check on someone in front of the camera talking about college athletes. Suggested they do a really thorough background check and reminded them that ESPN had fired several people over the years for stupid comments that may or may not have been any worse than his.
                      Good on ya. Come to Wichita and I will buy you a beer.

Comment

Originally posted by ISU_TREE_FAN View Post
                        I hope the other 275 teams heard this too and are all emailing CBS. We all loathe Doug and I haven't gotten involved because I felt it wasn't worth my time, but this was a classless, ignorant statement. To actually disrespect one of the top 75 RPI teams in the country just to make a point and continue your hate for WSU has gotten out of hand. I hope he is soon fired for his biased statements, then he can have a real reason to hate WSU, because he'll blame us for losing his job. A job he never deserved anyway!
                        I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                        If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

Is it just me or did Dougie appear extremely uncomfortable giving Fred and WSU credit yesterday. Like he felt he was lying to himself even when giving credit. The guy needs a serious chewing out by sometime who actually knows basketball

Comment

Yea I noticed that too. Seth Davis and the otheirs were really kinda talking WSU up and Gottlieb was over there looking like he was thinking of what he should say, then they asked for his opinion. Kinda funny, and I think Seth Davis was really enjoying watching him squirm. I get the feeling Davis really doesn't care for little Dougie

Comment

Here we go again...

Gottlieb at tournament luncheon: WSU not a No. 1 seed
                              The Assman

Comment

I know this was posted in the "media love" thread, but it belongs here for historical documentation.

Doug Gottlieb Talks NCAA Tournament
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X