Marshall COY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
    It is possible that he could jump up in class. Way up.
    My only concern is if Calipari jumps to the NBA. Gotta think Kentucky fans are already starting to turn on him.

Would Kentucky be smart enough to chase after Marshall with an open checkbook?

I can't imagine Marshall coaching elite recruits at a blue blood program somehow. I just can't see one-and-done players working as hard as he requires, or him being happy trying to get them to.
    Originally posted by BleacherReport
    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
      My only concern is if Calipari jumps to the NBA. Gotta think Kentucky fans are already starting to turn on him.

I can't imagine Marshall coaching elite recruits at a blue blood program somehow. I just can't see one-and-done players working as hard as he requires, or him being happy trying to get them to.
      Kentucky would again go for Billy Donovan, and then does Florida go for Shaka?
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

Imagine if HCGM got those NBA guys to buy into his style. JFC that would be one hell of a team.

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
          Kentucky would again go for Billy Donovan, and then does Florida go for Shaka?
          I could see that happening.

Donovan is pretty well paid at Florida already, though, and in conference jumps are awkward.

Marshall taking the Florida jump is pretty much my nightmare scenario.
          Originally posted by BleacherReport
          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

I could see that happening.

Donovan is pretty well paid at Florida already, though, and in conference jumps are awkward.

Marshall taking the Florida jump is pretty much my nightmare scenario.
            If we beat them in April that would take him off the shortlist.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
              Imagine if HCGM got those NBA guys to buy into his style. JFC that would be one hell of a team.
              This
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                Seriously. Ponder that for a minute. While you think about it, lets talk about ol Hip Hip Toure' Ahmad Khalid-Murry. When he showed up at WSU I loved his game from day 1. But he wasn't an NBA player. When he left WSU he still wasn't an NBA guy but he was at least on that track. He had the tools to keep developing his talent. Toure' is a self made NBA man with the note that Marshall gave him the tools to make it.

Now what if HCGM had guys that were lottery picks? Everything hinges on them buying in. I have no doubt that Marshall could get guys to buy in. His personality is intoxicating. Julius Randle has no reason to have a chip on his shoulder. Marshall would find that chip and hone it. "Julius, ESPN doesn't say you are the #1 pick or even the #2. Those are going to some kids in Kansas! I coached in Kansas and those guys aren't even at the best team in the state and they are beating you out!" "NBA scouts say your defense is soft. If they are going to take a chance on you they want a two way guy."

At WSU he has gotten some NBA talent and borderline NBA talent and very solid NCAA Div 1 talent to buy into every cliche there is. Team. Family. Brothers. One game at a time. Respect your opponent. He very well could get the same results out of an NBA future's roster. "You think this practice is hard? Wait until next year when LeBron is backing you down. If you can't stand tough against some SEC hacks the league will eat you alive and spit you out."

Those words are going to be coming out of HCGM's and going into the ears of top flight recruits soon enough. It is just that will be happening at 21st and Hillside right here in Wichita KS.

PS - I was drunk at a bar last night (WHAT ELSE IS NEW?!) and I think it was a replay of First Take? I don't know. Some ESPN chat show. COY came up and one guy had Sean Miller. Sean Miller? I was about to get pissed except the other guy had HCGM and then I realized that in this hack version of television you have to have a point/counter point. These JrEPs think that agreement doesn't make for good tv. They wouldn't know a good TV if it fell on their head.

Comment

When Marshall starts reeling in those blue-chippers, is there anyone on this board who thinks he won't one sit one who doesn't play defense.

And when directed to do so, what choice does he have? Play half heartedly and attempt to go pro the next year or sit out another year at a different Div 1 school.

Comment

Working...
                  X