Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Valley Team Announced

Here it is:

It is a damn shame that Tekele isn't on the first team, especially with the tie. But I think getting 4 on was a little unrealistic.

E: He will get defensive player of the year so that offsets it a bit. Still, I hope he views it as disrespect and takes it out on the rims of St.L for 5 games.

Comment

Six on the first team again. Must be a trend now that it's happened two years in a row. Weird.

But congrats to all five Shocks who made those teams, especially Fred and Tekele for making two!

Comment

Fred over Ron for All-Defensive.

Comment

I guess it helps to read the accompanying text. There are six due to a tie for the fifth spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
            I thought that was a tad strange too, but I'm not gonna complain.

All will be right with the world when they announce the DPOY to Tekele.

The four horsemen are representin'!!

And the POY goes to ..... ?
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
              Yeah, that's a bit of a surprise. Even Marshall on the coaches show last night thought it should be Cotton and Baker on the All-Defensive team.

Comment

I'm sad that the voters chose Knight as the Illinois State rep over Hunter. The only thing Knight has going for him is that he shoots more.

Comment

You guys need to work on your reading comprehension. It's Fred and Tekele on the defensive team.
                  You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                    You guys need to work on your reading comprehension. It's Fred and Tekele on the defensive team.
                    I think what's being said is that we're surprised Fred got the nod over Ron on the all-defensive team.

Comment

Congratulations to Cleanthony, Fred, Ron, Tekele and Darius who no doubt will credit their Coaches and teammates for their individual honors.

As good as these guys are, and I think they are damn good, I still believe that we have a team that is greater than the sum of our parts and that is something to get excited about.

It's all the little things you hear about these guys that seem to add up to something bigger. The way they respect their coaches, their teammates, their opponents, the team managers, the janitorial staff, etc. etc. etc. Seemingly no super egos. I'm sure we have some big egos but these guys control their egos they don't let their egos control them. Such great perspective on life and on basketball. Perhaps maturity beyond their years. Very little look at me, look at me antics. The anti-Marshall Hendersons if you will.

One very small, simple example. Holly Rowe's interview with Cleanthony after the Missouri State win ended as follows:

Holly Rowe: "Thank you." Cleanthony: "Your Welcome."

"Your Welcome." So simple, yet so telling.

:poster_shocks:
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 4, 2014, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        I think what's being said is that we're surprised Fred got the nod over Ron on the all-defensive team.
                        True, but everyone is quoting "Ron and Fred."

Maybe it's because Fred leads the team in steals per game.
                        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                          True, but everyone is quoting "Ron and Fred."

Maybe it's because Fred leads the team in steals per game.
                          I'm only continuing this because I need to know if a visit to the eye doctor is in order or if it's my reading comprehension that's failing. I didn't see anyone quote "Ron and Fred". All I see is one person who said "Fred over Ron".

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            And the POY goes to ..... ?
                            Based on comments from the beat writers and samplings from various media sources, I expected FVV to be named conference POY in about 150 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Based on comments from the beat writers and samplings from various media sources, I expected FVV to be named conference POY in about 150 minutes.
                              That's my expectation as well although I would like to see a repeat of this year's VB CO-Players of the year featuring 2 Shockers. Actually, what would be even better, and perhaps most appropriate, would be Co-Players of the year featuring 4 Shockers.

Comment

Working...
                              X