Watching the "one and dones" yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
    I disagree. Nobody is forcing these teams to recruit one and done players. They recruit them because, generally, they are extremely talented. Do you think Gregg Marshall wouldn't have taken Andrew Wiggins this year? If it's such a detriment to attract the highest rated talent in the country (how good these evaluators actually are is another story) then why recruit them?

This is just a sorry excuse that "major" teams use when they lose.
    I agree with that, but imagine if players had to stay for 3 years like baseball. That means KU (in the case of wiggins) would have at least 3 years to work with him and develop him. KU is potentially going to get a #1 seed this year and they play basically all freshmen except for a few guys. Imagine how good they would be if all those players had to stay for longer than a year. Not to mention they would still have players (such as maclemore) who would still be playing. Imagine how much talent and experience a team like Kentucky would have if all these top 10 picks had to actually stay. Anthony Davis would still be playing for them. I do think it would spread the talent out though. Players would be more willing to go to smaller schools since some of the "big dogs" would have positions locked up for multiple years (Example: I doubt a Wayne Selden Jr would pick a team like KU if he knew he would have to sit behind a Maclemore for a couple years).

Comment

Thought I would bump this thread since a team with 3 freshmen who haven't played combined as many minutes as one of the top 3 players, UConn, is playing a team whose 2 seniors totaled 328 minutes on the year, Kentucky. Any different or additional thoughts about one and done players now, a month after I first posed the point of view? The most famous freshman class is making a strong case in favor of the status quo, assuming that the championship is your school's only goal.

Comment

And what a ride Kentucky has had - ranked #1 preseason, somewhat flopped in the regular season, but where it really counts, will finish either #1 or #2.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
          And what a ride Kentucky has had - ranked #1 preseason, somewhat flopped in the regular season, but where it really counts, will finish either #1 or #2.
          Did college adequately prepare them for their future career in the nba? I'd say so. After all, no one cares about the regular season

Comment

Working...
          X