Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVC All Valley Team

WSU should have 4 players.

This conference is crap and no player on any team is better than Early, Baker, Fred, and Cotton.

The 5th spot on the All Valley team should be left unamed.

No other player in the Valley deserves to be mentioned with our 4 horsemen.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

The 5th spot should be shared by Coleby, Lufile and Carter.

Comment

Balentune gets the last spot. He lit up the Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
        Balentune gets the last spot. He lit up the Valley.
        Balentine is tricky. He won the scoring title by a huge margin and has some other nice stats, but the Aces are SOO bad! He misses my first team this year.
        Livin the dream

Comment

I think that Ballentine is too highly thought of. The E'ville offense is built around/for him and he always takes a lot of shots for the number of points he makes. He's not as good as our 3 guards and Early. I like Gulley more than him because he is a better all around player. Tuttle is better (although a different position) and I like SIU's Jackson and Beane more.

Comment

Mockevicius (sp?) is a solid player and my choice for the 5th spot.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Leading the league in scoring will prolly get him on the first team.

Comment

I am just pre bitching a little because know Cotton is gonna get jobbed.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                  I think that Ballentine is too highly thought of. The E'ville offense is built around/for him and he always takes a lot of shots for the number of points he makes. He's not as good as our 3 guards and Early. I like Gulley more than him because he is a better all around player. Tuttle is better (although a different position) and I like SIU's Jackson and Beane more.
                  He takes 31% of their shots, Early in context takes 19% of the teams shots. If he shoots within the Shocker offense you could take 5-8 points at least off his average.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                    He takes 31% of their shots, Early in context takes 19% of the teams shots. If he shoots within the Shocker offense you could take 5-8 points at least off his average.
                    In a way that punishes Balentine for playing the entire game. Of course they guy that averages 37.9 mpg is going to take a larger share of his team's shots than someone that plays normal starter minutes. Balentine still takes more shots than Early but it's not nearly as big as that gap makes it seem.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockeriffic View Post
                      In a way that punishes Balentine for playing the entire game. Of course they guy that averages 37.9 mpg is going to take a larger share of his team's shots than someone that plays normal starter minutes. Balentine still takes more shots than Early but it's not nearly as big as that gap makes it seem.
                      This also isn't a normal year in the league. In a normal year, the 9th place team is crappy team that finishes with 6 wins in league, 7-9 games back. This year, the 9th place team is a crappy team that finished 12 games back.

Comment

We should be guaranteed 3 of the 5 first-team slots. We won the frikin league by 6 games for crying out loud. Ok, let's get 4 of the 5. We won the frikin league by 6 games for crying out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockeriffic View Post
                          Well then you are punishing players who don't play as much because their team have better players.

It really a simple question, you have a choice - do you take Baker or do you take Ballentine? normalize their stats per 40 minutes

FG% - Baker 45%, Ballentine 43%
                          3pt% - Ballentine 40%, Baker 36%
                          FT% - Ballentine 85%, Baker 85%
                          RBD/40 - Baker 5.0, Ballentine 2.8
                          A/T - Baker 1.9, Ballentine 1.7
                          Blks/40 - Baker 0.9, Ballentine 0.1
                          STL/40 - Baker 2.0, Ballentine 0.6
                          Pts/40 - Ballentine 23.5, Baker 17.6

Do you covet the scorer, or do you covet the all-around player?

Comment

Baker would score more on Evansville also - point distribution is much different.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                              Well then you are punishing players who don't play as much because their team have better players.

It really a simple question, you have a choice - do you take Baker or do you take Ballentine? normalize their stats per 40 minutes

FG% - Baker 45%, Ballentine 43%
                              3pt% - Ballentine 40%, Baker 36%
                              FT% - Ballentine 85%, Baker 85%
                              RBD/40 - Baker 5.0, Ballentine 2.8
                              A/T - Baker 1.9, Ballentine 1.7
                              Blks/40 - Baker 0.9, Ballentine 0.1
                              STL/40 - Baker 2.0, Ballentine 0.6
                              Pts/40 - Ballentine 23.5, Baker 17.6

Do you covet the scorer, or do you covet the all-around player?
                              I never said I'd put Balentine on first team. Just wanted to point out that the percentage of shots that he takes when he's on the floor is about the same as other ball hogs like Desmar Jackson, Lemon and Lofton. But if you look at the total percentage of shots that each player takes whether they are on the court or not then Balentine looks like a gigantic ball hog compared to the others because he plays the entire game. I think everyone agrees that his stats are inflated from being the guy running through all the screens in that gimmick offense.

Comment

Working...
                              X