X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISP's pay a royalty to espn just like cable/satellite TV providers do

Comment

Originally posted by OTR Shockfan View Post
      NO you can't and it sucks I live Rural Goddard and COX WILL NOT provide service (unless I am Willing to fork out ,,get this 110 K to run the cable to me) but at the same time I can not get access to ESPN blackout games because supposably I am in Cox's service area.. the Bastages
      Tell cox you will do the cable work on your property and sign a contract with them and you can get it.

Comment

I have the same problem as some of you. I live in the boonies. We do not have many choices for ISP or Sat/Cable service. I use Centurylink and DirectTV. Neither one will allow you to use ESPN3 or WatchESPN.

After filing numerous complaints with Centurylink and DirectTV - I called ESPN. I explained the problem to the person who answered the call. I even offered to pay for a subscription if it was available. He ask if I or one of my family members used another provider and if one of us did - use their login to utilize their "watch remote" feature. I'm not sure who I spoke with - it might have been one of the athletes or mascots that hangs around their studio.

My Son-in-law uses one of their approved providers and made a log in for me to use to be able to watch the games live. ESPN told me how to do this. I even offered to pay for the service.

I am a Shockervision subscriber and prefer to watch the home games while listening to Mike and Dave.

Between ESPN3, Shockervision,and the televised games - I've been able to watch every game this season.

I hope this helps someone.

Comment

Find a trusted friend who has Cox. Get his login and password. Sign into WatchESPN onCenturyLink service using the Cox Login and password.

Is that illegal?
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
            Find a trusted friend who has Cox. Get his login and password. Sign into WatchESPN onCenturyLink service using the Cox Login and password.

Is that illegal?
            If it is illegal, it's exactly what ESPN told me to do.

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
              If it is illegal, it's exactly what ESPN told me to do.
              Cool!!!

Now we just need RoyalShock to post his Cox login and password on Shockernet so everybody can see the games! We know Royal is a team player.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                I have ROKU and you will fall in love with it right away. Its greatest attribute is its simplicity.

My audio service person strongly suggested that I purchase the hard wired version rather than the wireless version. Being dumb about such things, I went hard wired version. It cost about $100 at Wal-Mart plus installation cost of $45.
                I've only put it off because I have an older media player on my TV that plays a similar role. Gives us access to NetFlix, attached hard drives, and so on. It's only now that online streaming is getting so much bigger that I've had a reason to upgrade ... I've gotten stuck watching a number of WSU games on my iPad, because my media player doesn't have that app.

Refurbished Roku 3 models are on Amazon for $80 if anyone wants cheaper options. And there should be no problem with the Roku 2 here.
                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                  Plan on cutting my cable soon as well. Will have to watch the games on 22 at my parents which really isnt bad but I plan on using my kids Xbox for espn 3 games which I have done all year. I dont recall logging inwhen I downloaded the app but whatever.

I was able to watch via ESPN 3 on my macbook when I was in OKC about a month bag. I logged in with my parents Cox info and everything was cool. Now the wifi was shotty but thats another story.

If you pay for a service you shoukd be able to utilize that service. With services such as hulu and netflix (and Crackle for that matter) cable/satelite is becoming obsolete. The sooner companies like Time Warner and Cox get with the program the better

You want to talk about BS. Try subscribing to the MLB package and watch the Royals game here in Wichita. Thats a big reason why I havent cut cable yet.
                  If I could pay for ESPN directly I would ditch cable in a second and stream their channels.
                  Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                    If I could pay for ESPN directly I would ditch cable in a second and stream their channels.
                    If you have an XBox, high speed internet and somebody's Cox login and password, you can. It would be free.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                      If you have an XBox, high speed internet and somebody's Cox login and password, you can. It would be free.
                      Well, that's a workaround, but not really free. If I download every movie using torrents, I'd never have to go to a theater again, either.

I want to pay for ESPN. I just don't want to waste tons of money on the other channels I don't watch. Give me ESPN, Netflix, and Amazon Prime and I'm good.

Comment

Working...
                      X