Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exclusive MVC channel on ESPN3?

ESPN Launches 15 College Conference Channels on Apple TV, Roku

That is great news! Especially for those of us who don't have live in KS and have cox

Comment

Id love to see the MVC lock in exclusive with espn. This would mean the end of metro sports and fox sports and I'm ok with that. If every game is at least on WatchEspn and marquee games on cable I think we come out ahead.

Comment

Not sure exactly what this all means.

Comment

Love the roku. A thing of beauty. This news makes me happy.

Comment

Well that just pushed me over the top on picking up a Roku. I've been considering it for a while.
            Originally posted by BleacherReport
            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

I suspect that ESPN will only permit viewers, who have an approved ISP affiliation with ESPN.

As an example, if the user has ATT for his ISP, then he will be denied access. (Substitute her for his and she for he, if you are so inclined.)

Nevertheless, it seems like great news to me.
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                I suspect that ESPN will only permit viewers, who have an approved ISP affiliation with ESPN.

As an example, if the user has ATT for his ISP, then he will be denied access. (Substitute her for his and she for he, if you are so inclined.)

Nevertheless, it seems like great news to me.
                I was assuming this would be the same as current access to WatchESPN. If you have WatchESPN now, you'll have access to these channels. If you don't have it, you won't. I think it's cable provider still, not ISP.

Just picked up my Roku 3 on Amazon. Guess I'll be able to test it out for the Thursday night games.
                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                  Well that just pushed me over the top on picking up a Roku. I've been considering it for a while.
                  I have ROKU and you will fall in love with it right away. Its greatest attribute is its simplicity.

My audio service person strongly suggested that I purchase the hard wired version rather than the wireless version. Being dumb about such things, I went hard wired version. It cost about $100 at Wal-Mart plus installation cost of $45.
                  "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

I just bought my second Apple TV for the house. I have one in my home theater and one on my stereo to play music from my iTunes. I have a similar function in my Jeep and they really are fantastic! I can literally push play on my iPhone and listen to music on my way home from work, then make a voice activated call at the touch of a button on my steering wheel, walk into the house, select stereo on my phone and my music transfers straight across to the Hi-Fi, walk downstairs and open watchespn and I've got whatever sporting event I chose in hi-def on the 115 inch screen and playing in 7.2 surround. It is THAT simple.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                      I have ROKU and you will fall in love with it right away. Its greatest attribute is its simplicity.

My audio service person strongly suggested that I purchase the hard wired version rather than the wireless version. Being dumb about such things, I went hard wired version. It cost about $100 at Wal-Mart plus installation cost of $45.
                      I agree with hard wiring. If at all possible. That is my only gripe about my roku. Occasionally having wifi issues.

Comment

I haven't had any real issues with my AppleTV, but I don't know if it is due to my Internet connection or my device.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Powerline is best way to stream away from your router short of running cat5 through. It is 5x or more faster than Wifi.

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                            I was assuming this would be the same as current access to WatchESPN. If you have WatchESPN now, you'll have access to these channels. If you don't have it, you won't. I think it's cable provider still, not ISP.

Just picked up my Roku 3 on Amazon. Guess I'll be able to test it out for the Thursday night games.
                            Same here. The first time I clicked on espn3.com they asked for my cable provider and password. Now all I have to do is click espn3.com. Takes a few minutes to come on. so don't wait to game time.

Comment

It's hard to imagine that this channel would broadcast as many games as Cox, Metro, Fox etc. My concern is that we could wind up fewer games, not more. They are not going to broadcast every game of every team in the Valley.

Potentially, it is another opportunity to pay even more by paying a premium to your cable provider on top of the monthly fees to Roku/Apple.

Keeping an open mind...
                              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
                              X