X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't choose one over the others.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
      Not Tuttle? He's one of the top ten best players in the history of the MVC
      He's one of the ten best big men in the MVC this year, without a doubt >=)
      Originally posted by BleacherReport
      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        I guess you get to be 30-0 and #2 in the nation when Ron Baker is voted as the 4th MVP on your team, by your own fans.
        I'd bet he'd be a lot closer to the top without that ankle injury. He was absolutely on fire until then.
        Originally posted by BleacherReport
        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
          If I was drafting a Dream Team from the Valley this year, I'd have FVV, Baker, Cotton, Early, and Mock from Evansville. I think he'd be an absolute monster under Marshall's system (and be in better shape, his main drawback).

I'd go with FVV as the team MVP. I think he's the one guy that, if we didn't have him, there is no chance we'd be undefeated. But it's so damn close for all four.
          Honestly, I'd take FVV, Baker, Cotton, Early, and Carter for my team. At 6-7 235, Carter is an athletic beast with long arms. I think he's the best center in the league. Also, I want Anthony Beane. Dude is a stud!
          Livin the dream

Comment

There is no MVP. Without Baker playing through his season long injury just when he was our leading scorer averaging around 20 points per game, hitting outside shots, aggressively taking the game to our opponent no matter who they are, being our unsung defensive player (everyone looks to Cotton but Baker is almost as good),where would we be? Without Cle scoring in bunches when he gets it going, and changing his game to include rebounding and inside scoring, where would we be? Without FVV putting us in our sets, others willing to look for him to be our leader, and scoring like he has, where would we be? Where would we be without our 3 headed monster. The Shockers have built this as an entire team who play with SYNERGY. I don't see how we as knowledgeable fans can pick a MVP. Others who don't know what we know can pick one but those of us who do know shouldn't. It is a Most Valuable Team.

Comment

By the way, if we don't have four or at least three on the All MVC Team, it is a pile of garbage. The Shockers have dominated this league this year.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                By the way, if we don't have four or at least three on the All MVC Team, it is a pile of garbage. The Shockers have dominated this league this year.
                We will get 2 maybe 3 on first team with Baker being the question mark. I think Cotton goes second team (but possibly even 3rd). Marshall can't vote for any Shockers. Porter won't vote for Cotton who scored 15 in the two games. He only scored 19 against ISUb and 20 against ISUr in two games. 21 against SIU, 19 against BU, 19 against UE, and 5 against MSU in the first match up. Drake and UNI might consider Cotton for first team.

Baker OTOH could potentially get votes from SIU (25), ISUr (26), MSU (15+), ISUb (24), UE (40).

Ballentine put up 20 + against almost every team. Tuttle dominated all non-WSU teams. Odum will be tough to beat out. Jamar Gulley/Desmar Jackson/Anthony Beane/Walt Lemon could get some votes.
                Livin the dream

Comment

I don't think coaches are shallow enough to vote for whoever scored the most points against them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    I don't think coaches are shallow enough to vote for whoever scored the most points against them.
                    No, but I used that as a reference as to how well they played against a particular team. That's what coaches remember, the guy they couldn't adjust for. If you didn't have to adjust for player X, you aren't going to put him on the first team.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

I think that we'll get three on the first team, and I can live with that. Four of our players deserve it. Two would be more of the same outrageous garbage that shows jealousy and that coaches/journalists can't do it right. Because if we win today, we do win the league by FOUR games. This is domination and deserves to be rewarded.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                        I think that we'll get three on the first team, and I can live with that. Four of our players deserve it. Two would be more of the same outrageous garbage that shows jealousy and that coaches/journalists can't do it right. Because if we win today, we do win the league by FOUR games. This is domination and deserves to be rewarded.
                        6 games. 6! I think getting 4 players would prove this to be the coronation it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                          6 games. 6! I think getting 4 players would prove this to be the coronation it is.
                          While I share everyone's enthusiasm and believe 3 or 4 Shockers are very deserving, this is the Valley of Fair.

Odum - 13 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 4.6 rpg, SENIOR, would represent the 2nd place team (even if they did end up crapping in their pants)
                          Gulley - 14.9 ppg, 6.4 rpg, SENIOR
                          Jackson - 18.8 ppg, 5.5 rpg, SENIOR
                          Lemon - 17.8 ppg, 3.8 apg, SENIOR
                          Carter - 16.3 ppg, SENIOR
                          Tuttle - 15.4 ppg, 7.7 rpg, junior
                          Balentine - 22.3 ppg, sophomore

I do believe several above should have no chance, but the point is, while Balentine and Tuttle may be more deserving of 1st Team consideration, there are a lot of seniors in the above group. Will some of them get the nod because of that?

My guess is 2 Shockers 1st Team (Early/FVV), 1 2nd team (Baker), Cotton Defensive Player of the Year, Carter among the Newcomers.

Comment

Working...
                          X