Koch Arena Brings The Noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agrinut View Post
    I believe the league mandates schools provide 4 tickets for each staff member and player so roughly 70 give or take a few. As for slow on the draw, the planning for this trip began last fall.
    Since you are into planning you might want to check into the weather forecast. You might want to order 95 box lunches to go from one of the Sub-Shops (they would probably agree to deliver them to Koch Arena). Get on the bus and get on your way back to Springfield ASAP after the game. We would love to have you hang around in Doo-Dah and spend some of your greenbacks, but if you hang around to long you may not be heading home until Monday or Tuesday.

Right now they have sleet starting to hit around 8:00 tomorrow evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Agrinut View Post
      I believe the league mandates schools provide 4 tickets for each staff member and player so roughly 70 give or take a few. As for slow on the draw, the planning for this trip began last fall.
      Felipe's Jr. on Harry and Rock Road might be able to handle a crowd that size at that time of the afternoon. But the horn section might be a little loud on the ride home. However, based on my visit to Springfield the past November it looks like Mexican food is a favorite of the Springfield towns folk.

Comment

[QUOTE=ShockBand;468775]Thought this was worthy of its own thread, and not just buried in "Media Love".

Some awesome decibel facts from the Drake game:

102.8 on a defensive stand with less than nine minutes to go

102.1 on Darius' dunk from FVV's eyes-in-the-back-of-his-head delivery

100.5 when Tekele was taken out of the game in the second half

100.3 on Evan's three pointers

99.1 on a Kadeem block AND on the BS charge call on Ron

and my favorite

101.9 on Tekele's and Nick's back to back dunks THAT WAS SUSTAINED FOR OVER A MINUTE

Full Story: http://www.kansas.com/2014/02/26/331...uiet-when.html[/QUOT

Anybody have any idea what the decibal level of Barry doing the clydesdale stomping was against SIU?
        "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
          Quietest Moments: Pickett ...

Uh no. That place was rocking and I am still deaf from that game. Even when Pickett won it, the collective gasp was loud. Pickett = LOUD.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Since you are into planning you might want to check into the weather forecast. You might want to order 95 box lunches to go from one of the Sub-Shops (they would probably agree to deliver them to Koch Arena). Get on the bus and get on your way back to Springfield ASAP after the game. We would love to have you hang around in Doo-Dah and spend some of your greenbacks, but if you hang around to long you may not be heading home until Monday or Tuesday.

Right now they have sleet starting to hit around 8:00 tomorrow evening.
            Our Springfield friends may want to leave even earlier than that. Freezing rain should begin in Joplin by around 9:00pm, so I would try to leave Wichita by at least 4:00 to get back to Springfield safely.

Comment

Originally posted by Slalomshocker View Post
              Florida State in the NIT was absolutely the loudest it has ever been in Koch. That may have something to do with the additional 300 or so people above the 10,502 max capacity still remember Don Hall "Your attendance tonight....I hope the fire marshall isn't listenting...10,8xx". When Jamar hit the 3 that sent it to double OT that place shook a little. Heck of a ball game, HELL of a crowd. And I expect Saturday to be extremely competitive with that one.

Its going to be fun, lets enjoy it.
              I hope they pack an extra 300 in there this Saturday. There are certainly thousands of Wichitans that would love to be at the game that can't get tickets. Of course, if they count media in the attendance figures than I think WSU could break 11,000.

Comment

Working...
              X