Koch Arena Brings The Noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koch Arena Brings The Noise

Thought this was worthy of its own thread, and not just buried in "Media Love".

Some awesome decibel facts from the Drake game:

102.8 on a defensive stand with less than nine minutes to go

102.1 on Darius' dunk from FVV's eyes-in-the-back-of-his-head delivery

100.5 when Tekele was taken out of the game in the second half

100.3 on Evan's three pointers

99.1 on a Kadeem block AND on the BS charge call on Ron

and my favorite

101.9 on Tekele's and Nick's back to back dunks THAT WAS SUSTAINED FOR OVER A MINUTE

Full Story: http://www.kansas.com/2014/02/26/331...uiet-when.html
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

I would love to know what level we hit for the NIT Florida State game. Dude! I had pain that night.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
      I would love to know what level we hit for the NIT Florida State game. Dude! I had pain that night.
      What's the NIT?? ;)
      The Assman

Comment

Any guesses how loud it is going to be on Saturday?

Comment

Hopefully, the noise level on Saturday is high enough that I can't hear the announcers.

Then I'll know the old roundhouse is rocking!

Comment

I think the record is 127 by KU. we can break that.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
            Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Can't see that old barn getting that high without it falling in....

Comment

is this in dB(A) or linear?

Comment

This is where all that SoS complaining works in our favor. We bring THAT environment in a blowout against drake. Can you imagine what it would be like if we could actually get anyone decent to Koch?

Comment

KISS, December 77', that was loud.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                      I think the record is 127 by KU. we can break that.

Nope. According to this, it's 126 set by... The Sacramento Kings...

Also, that's practically impossible in CKA, but might as well try our damnest!

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                        That is still the loudest that I can remember it being.
                        "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                          http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/...dium-(indoors)

127.9 was observed at AFH, no official record taker was there to allow it to be the record.

I don't really want to say "trust me I was there" but alas, I was.
                          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                            http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/...dium-(indoors)

I meant NCAA. But it doesn't matter. There was a contest between AFH and Cameron. AFH won
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                              127.9 was observed at AFH, no official record taker was there to allow it to be the record.

I don't really want to say "trust me I was there" but alas, I was.
                              If its good enough for Ron and Cle, then its good enough for us

Comment

Working...
                              X