No announcement yet.

Koch Arena Brings The Noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bears fan here with a couple questions. 1st what time do the doors open Saturday, we have 2 buses coming over and plan on getting to the arena around 11. 2nd do you guys have any recommendations on somewhere to eat that could handle roughly 95 people.

Comment

Originally posted by Agrinut View Post
      Bears fan here with a couple questions. 1st what time do the doors open Saturday, we have 2 buses coming over and plan on getting to the arena around 11. 2nd do you guys have any recommendations on somewhere to eat that could handle roughly 95 people.
      Doors open around 7PM Saturday >=)
      Originally posted by BleacherReport
      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Do you have any tickets left?

I'd buy one....I'm a pleasant enough guy ;)
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
          I think the record is 127 by KU. we can break that.
          Our SOS isn't good enough to break that.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

For real though it should be 11:30

Comment

Florida State in the NIT was absolutely the loudest it has ever been in Koch. That may have something to do with the additional 300 or so people above the 10,502 max capacity still remember Don Hall "Your attendance tonight....I hope the fire marshall isn't listenting...10,8xx". When Jamar hit the 3 that sent it to double OT that place shook a little. Heck of a ball game, HELL of a crowd. And I expect Saturday to be extremely competitive with that one.

Its going to be fun, lets enjoy it.
              -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

Spangles
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                  Spangles
                  That there is good stuff on a Friday morning. Hit my funny bone.

Comment

Thought you guys were bringing your sandwiches?
                    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

There's a Shakey's Pizza on NW 189th Street South that takes buses.

Comment

A hint of hatred or anger is always good to raise the decibels. I remember during the Sweet 16 year, there was a snoozefest midweek game against Evansville when there wasn't a whole lot of energy in the building...until Matty B ran directly into a screen by one of the Evansville big men. The crowd exploded, wanting some sort of a foul. Mark wanted a stop in play to check on his injured player, so he meandered his way on the court a bit too far. When he got a technical for that, the crowd lit up even more with anger which lasted for the rest of the game. Later, Matt was able to come back into the game, and upon his jaunt to the scorer's table, the building shook. Later, I think he took a charge under Evansville's basket. I remember thinking that had that play been called a block instead of a charge, I really thought there would have been a riot in the building.
                        78-65

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                          Thought you guys were bringing your sandwiches?
                          After the game, I should have prefaced that.

Comment

Are you looking for a buffet style restaurant, or something a bit nicer? I know that Golden Corral or one of the bigger Chinese buffet restaurants could probably handle that size of crowd, especially since it would be in the mid to late afternoon lull.
                            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

95 people? I'd recommend multiple restaurants, all on the east side. Wichita residents, correct me if I'm wrong here . . .

21st and Rock - Bradley Fair shopping center. Cluster of Red Rock Canyon Grill, Outback, On the Border and Macaroni Grill. This is a little closer to the arena.

A couple of miles to the southeast is 13th and Webb - Waterfront - PF Chang, Fox & Hound, Abuelos, Red Robin, Bonefish plus several others.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                                95 people? I'd recommend multiple restaurants, all on the east side. Wichita residents, correct me if I'm wrong here . . .

21st and Rock - Bradley Fair shopping center. Cluster of Red Rock Canyon Grill, Outback, On the Border and Macaroni Grill. This is a little closer to the arena.

A couple of miles to the southeast is 13th and Webb - Waterfront - PF Chang, Fox & Hound, Abuelos, Red Robin, Bonefish plus several others.
                                Macaroni Grill has been long gone for several years. Laham pulled their lease because Barnes & Noble was interested in the land underneath. Macaroni Grill never developed another location for Wichita after that, which was weird because they always had solid traffic.

Anyways, I would agree with Royal's recommendation to park the busses at either Bradley Fair (21st & Rock - 3 miles east of Koch), Waterfront (13th and Webb - 1 mile south and 4 miles east of Koch) or possibly Plazzio (13th & Greenwich - 1 mile south and 5 miles east of Koch). Either of those shopping centers offer a decent number of restaurant selections (Bradley Fair winning via volume by large margin).

Short of a rented space with a catered meal (a la a wedding, conference, etc.) I can't think of any restaurant in town where 100 people can sit grouped together at the same time on a Saturday. That's not common to any size of town.

Comment

Working...
                                X