Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today Was a Good Day

/Ice Cube.

Nobody likes to wake up and go to work no matter what you do.

But its not everyday you can come to work and meet Antoine Carr.

W00T!!!!

You SUCK :P
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

:D

Comment

What is AC doing nowadays? If i remember correctly, he could not make it back a year or so ago when they honored some of the greats.

Comment

From what I understand he is a scout for Houston.

Comment

Love AC.

What's your best AC story?

Mine: Went to Legends night, spoke with AC, Cliff, X, DS and CL for 5 to 10 minutes as they looked over a poster I had put together for Legends night, all 5 signed it. They all wanted a copy of the poster (I had three of them done) for themselves. AC asked if there was any favor he could do for me, I showed him my WSU "legends" ball with more WSU autographs on it that I can name right now, and asked if there was any chance he could get Aubrey Sherrod and James Gibbs to sign it.

He found me at the (I think it was the next game?) and asked if I brought the ball. He asked if I wanted to go over with him (it was the middle of the game, so I said no - and he just laughed.) He walked over behind the WSU bench where all the guys were sitting and was pointing out where we were seated and they were all just gawking at the ball, and they both signed. One of their sons brought the ball back up to me. :bball_spin:

:goshocks:

Comment

AC

When I had him sign the Sporting News article "A.C. + X = Wins for WSU". He appeared to be completely shocked by the article as if he either had never seen it, or at least didn't remember it.

I really need to make a copy of the article and get it to him.

He also got a kick out the the Program from his freshman year and the article about his final game.

My wife and I got to talk to him quite a while at the Cliff Levingston banquet.

He gave my grandsons quite a thrill when they met him. They were just little guys and he stood up so they could see how tall he was. Their eyes were like saucers.

Antoine is truly a very nice guy and a real treasure to his alma mater.

Comment

AC was at the arena several years ago for an autograph signing (maybe it was the CKA open house?). My young son was with us. AC wanted to shake my son's hand. Well, my son had never seen a hand that big before and didn't want any part of it!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                  AC was at the arena several years ago for an autograph signing (maybe it was the CKA open house?). My young son was with us. AC wanted to shake my son's hand. Well, my son had never seen a hand that big before and didn't want any part of it!
                  I can still feel the grip and that was 8 hours ago!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                    I thought he was in the flooring business.

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker
                      Love AC.

What's your best AC story?

When I was in second or third grade we had a student teacher who had us do an art project where we took a word with "ant" in it (like antelope or antenna) and drew a picture of that thing as an ant. One kid drew a picture of Ant-oine Carr towering over the other ants. It so happened that the teacher knew AC and got him to come visit our class. All the kids got autographs and the boy who drew the picture got to dunk from AC's shoulders. It was a pretty sweet day.

:yahoo:
                      Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s
                        Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                        I thought he was in the flooring business.
                        NBA (Nothing But Awesome) Flooring

I kid you not.

I don't know if he's doing that anymore.

Comment

What about Big Dawg Music Studio in San Antonio?

Comment

When AC would go up for a dunk, It would take our breath away. The game he broke the scoring record was my favorite. He was a man among boys and the opponets could not stop him. He did the awesome 360 dunk in a game they use to show on the tube on commercials.. A.C. played team ball and what an amazing vertical leap he had!!!

The Big Dawg would howl for the Utah Jazz fans. The Atlanta Hawks did not play him enough and focused on Dominic Wilkens. I was so excited when I thought AC would become a Celtic. However, the Hawks kept him. A.C. was a key player in several NBA Playoff games.

By the way, it is now what day? Just as I did this add on edit-- it's now Saturday Mr. Spink-a-ler!!!
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                              He did the awesome 360 dunk in a game they use to show on the tube on commercials..
                              If this is the same dunk I'm thinking of, AC had just come back from an injury. In the game when he steals the ball around half court, the shocker fans, who have been yelling and screaming, suddenly become quiet because they know something special is about to happen. And then when he does the 360 slam, the place erupts. At least that's how I remember it.

Comment

Working...
                              X