No announcement yet.

Today Was a Good Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to a Jazz/Spurs game one time. The original "Big Dog" came in in the second quarter and started going off on the Jazz. He lit them up for like mid-20 points. He fouled out in the late third or early fourth quarter. He also looked cool doing it in his shades.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Great stories. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I worked for KMUW when AC and Cliff were freshmen. A friend and I had a interview with them. The question was asked what are your goals here at WSU?

AC answered to become a first team All American!

At the time we thought wow he sure is a dreamer.

:posterwu: 8)
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
          I went to a Jazz/Spurs game one time. The original "Big Dog" came in in the second quarter and started going off on the Jazz. He lit them up for like mid-20 points. He fouled out in the late third or early fourth quarter. He also looked cool doing it in his shades.
          hahaha its like Big Luther and Little Luther. AC being the Big Luther in this equation

Comment

I was under 5 when Carr was at WSU so I don't remember the early days all that well. Does anyone know why he played his first year in the pros over seas?

Comment

AC signed overseas because the Derroit Pistons offered him chicken feed to sign and he would not allow for that. He had some of his best games later ever in the Pros versus the Rough Tough Detroit Pistons.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Thanks, one more question: Did Detriot trade him to Atlanta or how did he end up there?

One of my memories growing up was always watching the Hawks games with my dad when the had Carr, Levingston, Wilkins, Rivers, Battle, Konkak etc.

Comment

Working...
                X