Stand The Whole Game For History?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
    I don't think they even do that in hockey ;)
    Florida State's baseball fans sing O Canada at every home game. They have ever since the 1988 Olympics in Calgary.

I like the idea of standing for the end of the game. No reason not to push that. The whole game, though, might kill a number of season ticket holders.
    Originally posted by BleacherReport
    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
      Honestly a solid third of our fanbase might have medical issues if this is attempted.
      It would be easier for them to dig out their popcorn from their pockets.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Do you believe we should stand the entire game to salute all this team has done, as they try and close out a perfect season??

I think it would be a great tribute and experience.
        I'm all for this. Heck, I think that we should do it every game. The Shockers fan base were the only ones to stand the duration of our final four game last year.
        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
          Too many of our fans are in their 80s and 90s (they even showed a fan who was 100 at one game) to stand the whole game. But the final 4 minutes should be very doable.
          We'd have to have an army of ambulances on standby outside of the arena, if you saw an aerial view of the arena you would think that part of the roof must have collapsed or something.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
            Too many of our fans are in their 80s and 90s (they even showed a fan who was 100 at one game) to stand the whole game. But the final 4 minutes should be very doable.
            my thought exactly. I just dont want these people to be condemned. I'm a WSU alum & a Shocker fan because of the dedication of a person who died as a Shocker season ticket holder at 97. He didn't miss a game all of last year. He stood for defense. But once it extended past the 1st break, it got kind 've difficult.
            I like the Final Four idea. But really, this is a great fan base. Even with the older attendees it can get raucous. A lot of great ideas. If you're going to this game, just blow the roof off that joint!
            Phi Alpha

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
              I'm all for this. Heck, I think that we should do it every game. The Shockers fan base were the only ones to stand the duration of our final four game last year.
              they stood at the final four to get a better view. Even some of the big donors seats were still pretty far away in the georgiadome.

I won't be at Saturdays game, but I hope the fan base is loud like it was for ISUb and don't get to a nervous silence if we don't have a big lead (like it seemed like at one of the previous home games this season).

Comment

I was at a double overtime game at McKale between UA and Duke in 85 or 86, back when Sean Elliott and Danny Ferry were playing. The most intense game by far I've ever seen. The fans were on their feet at least 3/4 of the game and both OTs. I was totally hoarse and my hands were cracked open from clapping by the end. An incredible experience. That was the beginning of Arizona's coming out, hitting the big time. I'll never forget it.

WSU is doing that now. FUN times!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chicagoshocker View Post
                  they stood at the final four to get a better view. Even some of the big donors seats were still pretty far away in the georgiadome.

I won't be at Saturdays game, but I hope the fan base is loud like it was for ISUb and don't get to a nervous silence if we don't have a big lead (like it seemed like at one of the previous home games this season).
                  Nope. We stood to support the team, it was incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by bunck View Post
                    We'd have to have an army of ambulances on standby outside of the arena, if you saw an aerial view of the arena you would think that part of the roof must have collapsed or something.
                    Someday, if the Lord looks favorably on you (but with comments like that maybe not), you too will be one of the elders you so willingly make fun of. The alternative is, well -----

Comment

Cleanthony has asked me to request that Shocker fans not leave this Senior Night game Early. Apparently, they will hold the senior recognition ceremonies after the game this year. So save some energy and standing for that as well and remember: DON'T LEAVE EARLY

I really don't expect that to be an issue with Shockernetters, however, those of us fortunate enough to be at his game may need to gently remind some of our fellow Shocker fans to stay around to recognize our 4 seniors.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                        Nope. We stood to support the team, it was incredible.
                        That's not how I remember it when I was standing from row 20 or so. I was standing because I was excited AND because it was a better view. I don't live in wichita and go to home gea anymore, so maybe it just didn't register to me that everyone else was standing in support and not for the view (or because the person in front of them was standing). Regardless, basketball in a football stadium isn't the greatest view for the fans (minus what it represents). Which is why I'm not thrilled about the Midwest regional being at Lucas oil stadium in Indy, even if they are only using half the field.

Comment

Originally posted by chicagoshocker View Post
                          That's not how I remember it when I was standing from row 20 or so. I was standing because I was excited AND because it was a better view. I don't live in wichita and go to home gea anymore, so maybe it just didn't register to me that everyone else was standing in support and not for the view (or because the person in front of them was standing). Regardless, basketball in a football stadium isn't the greatest view for the fans (minus what it represents). Which is why I'm not thrilled about the Midwest regional being at Lucas oil stadium in Indy, even if they are only using half the field.
                          I should have qualified. From where I was (my nose is still bleeding) we were standing in support.

My view of the action was surprisingly decent despite the fact that Ehimen looked like a 7 incher (ha ha) instead of a 7 footer. Based on your comments I'm a little apprehensive to spend extra money on better seats this year.

Comment

Any body who leaves Saturdays game early shouod be shot onsite

With that said...

I know many Shocker fans are unable to stand the whole way through. Its understandable. But regardless of what happens we should gve them the last 5 minutes amd all through senior intros..

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                              I should have qualified. From where I was (my nose is still bleeding) we were standing in support.

My view of the action was surprisingly decent despite the fact that Ehimen looked like a 7 incher (ha ha) instead of a 7 footer. Based on your comments I'm a little apprehensive to spend extra money on better seats this year.
                              There are some $1,250 all-session passes in Indy for 2nd row center court (on the field side, where I assume they'll be erecting temporary bleachers/seating). That might be worth it =)

Comment

Do you believe we should stand the entire game to salute all this team has done, as they try and close out a perfect season??

I think it would be a great tribute and experience.
                                And we could all sit down and be quiet when something tremendous happens!
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X