Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the Blow Valley ever get back top 5-6 RPI conference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's better to be like Butler and get to the highest conference possible quickly (preferably w/o losing the coach) than to be stuck on the wrong side of the rumored NCAA divide if/when that happens

Comment

High salaries do not equal success. Sure, it can help, but is by no means a guarantee. The second highest paid coach in the MVC is playing on Thursday night for the 3rd straight year.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Scheduling doesn't matter if you lose all the games. SIU, Loyola, Bradley and Evansville had no business playing a top 50 schedule. An 0-13 Saluki team going into conference play does nothing to help the conference and it hurts the teams growth. I would expect the top 3-5 teams to schedule better but I don't expect it from the bottom.
        :

False.

SIU OoC SoS - 245
        Record - 3-9
        RPI - 312

Southern OoC SoS - 8
        Record - 1-9
        RPI - 186

Loyola OoC SoS - 344
        Record - 4-7
        RPI - 329

Arkansas Pine-Bluff OoC SoS - 20
        Record - 0-10
        RPI - 278

It's better to get smacked around by the big boys than play the little guys.

I would rather have 3 wins. Your tourney aspirations mean nothing to me.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

I would rather have 3 wins. Your tourney aspirations mean nothing to me.

NICE!!!!!!!

Comment

I mentioned this on a similar MVCFans post (inspired by this thread actually): What if we had some sort of coaching mandate? Pay your coaching staff a minimum salary, or take a fine. It wouldn't instantly do anything, but I'd like to that in 5-10 years it would make the Valley a landing place for good coaches and hopefully let us keep some of them.

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
              I mentioned this on a similar MVCFans post (inspired by this thread actually): What if we had some sort of coaching mandate? Pay your coaching staff a minimum salary, or take a fine. It wouldn't instantly do anything, but I'd like to that in 5-10 years it would make the Valley a landing place for good coaches and hopefully let us keep some of them.

I hadn't been to MVCFans in a long, long time. Went there and saw these posts. Cut and pasted them, here. If anyone on Shockernet thinks there is hope for the Valley, they need to go to MVCFans and read the thread.

There is no hope for the Valley, the Jankovich-Evansville-MSU mindset has won.

Comment

Working...
              X