Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awe - It was just getting fun.

Comment

Could wake even offer 2+ mill? Probably not.
      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        I'll feed the troll, whose IP will most certainly geolocate to within 100 miles of Kansas City.

1) The claim is legit ... Wake Forest does need Gregg Marshall. In fact pretty much every school does.

2) Nobody in Wichita can stand HC3GM. Nobody wants his autograph and nobody shows up to any of his events. people around here turn off the radio when he comes on during the post game show. Presidents and Athletic Directors of other institutions should be very leery of pursuing him.

3) He doesn't have any peers. The only people that will associate with him are relatives and childhood friends.

4) He's very angry. Nobody wants to interview him, especially ESPN. I don't think he'll represent ANY institution worth a darn, let alone how bad he is making WSU look.

5) It's true! WSU had Duke, Kentucky, and North Carolina type programs falling all over themselves to schedule us for years before Marshall took the Head Coaching position. Now? Nothing. Can't get a single BCS or top 50 program on the schedule. Expect more of the same should he join a major program instead of mediocre WSU.

6) Calipari is nothing regarding to who Marshall has been compared with. He's even been compared to Marty Schottenheimer.
        In fact, he's sooo angry SI wouldn't even put him on their cover with the guys...

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          They almost lost as a 2 seed in the first round back in 2003. They won by 5 as a 1 seed last year.

They also lost to an 11 seed in 2011, when they were the overall 1 seed.

And that's not even counting their history with Valley schools. Their room for smack is actually quite limited.
          Holy Cross in 2002 wasn't exactly a blowout either.

Comment

Originally posted by shockertroll View Post
            Bill Self may not look very happy but he's got some humility and knows when to admit when his team blows....
            Maybe you missed it, but Marshall team is 28-0, about to be 29-0 - his team hasn't sucked balls like KU has at time this year.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA All of 3 posts before you out yourself. I bet your girlfriend just loves your self control.
              What do you mean PREMATURE? I was thinking about it all day.

Comment

Everybody knows HCGM will be accepting BOTH the WF and Baylor positions. Kicking ass with one non-BCS school is no longer a challenge for him so why not coach two programs at once? I would look for Baylor and WF to be playing each other for the national title around the 2016 mark.
                "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                  Could wake even offer 2+ mill? Probably not.
                  Probably yes, and then some. There's alot of money at Wake. Good basketball history. Great school. Great basketball conference. Great arena. Great fan support (at least before Bzdelik got there). Located in area where 3G grew up.

But I don't think 3G could work for AD Wellman. The alumni and fans hate him almost as much as they hate Bzdelik. As an example of Wellman's mush headed moves; he fired Head Basketball Coach Dino Gaudio in 2010 after three seasons and a record of 61-31, one 2nd place finish in the ACC and two trips to the NCAA tounament with a record of 1-2. The reason he fired Gaudio; not enough post season success. Oh and just six months before firing Gaudio, Wellman gave him a contract extension through 2014. Wellman then turns around and hires his old friend Jeff Bzdelik away from Colorado where he had a record of 36-58 with no post season apperances, and who in seven years as a college basketball coach at three diffferent university's had an overall record of 111-105 with an NCAA tournament record of 0-1. Wellman even refuses to tell anyone how much Bzdelik is being paid or how many years remain on Bzdelik's contract. I think 3G would take one look at that mess and say, NO THANKS!

By the way, Tom Crean hasn't exactly performed up to expectations at IU. But that's a whole different story.
                  "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by kitkaliharie;
                    Nothing mediocre or average about WSU Shockers when it comes to Baseball and Basketball they're high major division I programs.
                    We'll at least in basketball now, that's not true in baseball for quite a while now.
                    An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                      It's common knowledge that Greg passed on UCLA because he knew Wake would be available this year.
                      3 Gs!!!! I expect more out of you!

Edit: Oh I get it now! LOL I'm a leetle slow after watching a net cutting ceremony!
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by shockertroll View Post
                        Bill Self may not look very happy but he's got some humility and knows when to admit when his team blows....Marshall on the other hand continues to sound and look angry in life.....PLAY ANGRY LIKE COACH!
                        didn't Bill Self bang a ku student on the side and have an illegitimate child ? what a role model for college kids.

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                          didn't Bill Self bang a ku student on the side and have an illegitimate child ? what a role model for college kids.
                          He's apparently done this each of the last 10 years. I'm not saying it's not true but you hear it all the time, every year around the same time.
                          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                            It's on the internets, so it has to be true.

http://www.kcconfidential.com/2013/0...-on-death-row/
                            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                              He's apparently done this each of the last 10 years. I'm not saying it's not true but you hear it all the time, every year around the same time.
                              Maybe he's on a yearly cycle. Like the salmon that go upstream to spawn.

Personally I just love his rug.

Comment

Working...
                              X