Greg Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greg Marshall

Isportsweb recently had an article that Wake Forest is pursuing Greg Marshall. In said article the writer states,

"I’ve heard multiple people question his personality or hint that he may have a personality similar to John Calipari of Kentucky. I don’t know much about his personality and I’m not a huge fan of Calipari, but by golly is that exactly what Wake Forest needs."

http://isportsweb.com/2014/02/19/wake-forest-basketball-pursuing-gregg-marshall/

Was just wondering how legit that claim is? What do folks in and around Wichita think of him? Is he well liked among his peers? He does not seem very personable and comes off as arrogant and angry in all his interviews. Just speculation, but maybe Marshall isn't able to schedule anyone because of his personality? Being compared to Calipari....ouch?

Nice first post. Brilliant.

Comment

Why does Wake Forest want this guy?

Comment

While I am sure Wake Forest is (or will be) pursuing Gregg Marshall this thread is clearly for trolling and using an unreliable source.
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

I like turtles.
          One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

KU fans are an insecure breed.

Especially when they've had to look up at WSU all year.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

lol great article

Wake Forest should go after one of the best coaches in the country! What a novel idea!

Comment

Was just wondering how legit that claim is? What do folks in and around Wichita think of him? Is he well liked among his peers? He does not seem very personable and comes off as arrogant and angry in all his interviews. Just speculation, but maybe Marshall isn't able to schedule anyone because of his personality? Being compared to Calipari....ouch?

I'll feed the troll, whose IP will most certainly geolocate to within 100 miles of Kansas City.

1) The claim is legit ... Wake Forest does need Gregg Marshall. In fact pretty much every school does.

2) Nobody in Wichita can stand HC3GM. Nobody wants his autograph and nobody shows up to any of his events. people around here turn off the radio when he comes on during the post game show. Presidents and Athletic Directors of other institutions should be very leery of pursuing him.

3) He doesn't have any peers. The only people that will associate with him are relatives and childhood friends.

4) He's very angry. Nobody wants to interview him, especially ESPN. I don't think he'll represent ANY institution worth a darn, let alone how bad he is making WSU look.

5) It's true! WSU had Duke, Kentucky, and North Carolina type programs falling all over themselves to schedule us for years before Marshall took the Head Coaching position. Now? Nothing. Can't get a single BCS or top 50 program on the schedule. Expect more of the same should he join a major program instead of mediocre WSU.

6) Calipari is nothing regarding to who Marshall has been compared with. He's even been compared to Marty Schottenheimer.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

this post is LOL
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Reading comprehension fail.

Isportsweb recently had an article that Wake Forest is pursuing Greg Marshall. In said article the writer states,
                    Since when does the opinion of a blogger that WF should pursue Marshall equate to "is pursuing"?

Comment

Acting and sounding like a douche B and than being compared to the ultimate douche B in college basketball.....one has to wonder....:):):)

Comment

Originally posted by shockertroll View Post
                        than
                        lol

Comment

Maybe they should try to get Bill Self. He's supposed to lose his two best players this year. Quite frankly, he hasn't looked very happy coaching this years team. Between that and dealing with a toxic fan base I've heard that he's looking at his options.

Comment

Bill Self may not look very happy but he's got some humility and knows when to admit when his team blows....Marshall on the other hand continues to sound and look angry in life.....PLAY ANGRY LIKE COACH!

Comment

It's common knowledge that Greg passed on UCLA because he knew Wake would be available this year.
                              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
                              X