No announcement yet.

National Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have waited a couple of days before getting involved in this discussion.
    I have watched WSU Basketball going back to the early 70's.
    I don't think this is one of our most talented teams.

I think this team could lose any round after round one or win it all.
    As someone else has said, once you get to the round of 16,
    all the teams are about even and anything can happen.

That is my take.
    I have no idea what kind of fan that makes me.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
      I don't get it. Ever since joining Shockernet, I believe my viewpoints and comments have never wavered from being consistent. I'm a self proclaimed 'realists', unfortunately, my use of pragmatism rubs the vast majority of ShockerNet fans the wrong way - some more than others (ABC and Wu). It just so happens that in a season where our record is unblemished, viewpoints that stray from the norm stand out like a neon sign. As a side note, I do appreciate our moderators for allowing all of us to speak our mind - they too have been consistent with the policing of SN.

I will never ever be influenced or pressured to conform to the Shockernet Sunshine Pumper's philosophy of message board etiquette. In this case, speak no evil of our beloved Shox or be ostracized. I will continue to call it like I see it. Yes, our record is perfect, but if you think this team is perfect then I've got to wonder who here has the problem.

I'll place a different spin on my earlier postseason prediction. This team is capable of winning the whole freakin' thing, but this team is also capable of being knocked out in the round of 32. I will concede and say I should have waited for the final NCAA bracket before I predicted the Sweet 16 as the Shox's ceiling. How far a team advances in March Madness has a lot to do with the match ups. I'll rescind this prediction and wait until Selection Sunday.
      your schtick is consistent, therefore I think most realize there is high probability of an agenda behind it (or your life view is pretty pessimistic). But I think most think you are a KU troll.

Comment

I don't get it. Ever since joining Shockernet, I believe my viewpoints and comments have never wavered from being consistent. I'm a self proclaimed 'realists', unfortunately, my use of pragmatism rubs the vast majority of ShockerNet fans the wrong way - some more than others (ABC and Wu). It just so happens that in a season where our record is unblemished, viewpoints that stray from the norm stand out like a neon sign. As a side note, I do appreciate our moderators for allowing all of us to speak our mind - they too have been consistent with the policing of SN.

I will never ever be influenced or pressured to conform to the Shockernet Sunshine Pumper's philosophy of message board etiquette. In this case, speak no evil of our beloved Shox or be ostracized. I will continue to call it like I see it. Yes, our record is perfect, but if you think this team is perfect then I've got to wonder who here has the problem.

I'll place a different spin on my earlier postseason prediction. This team is capable of winning the whole freakin' thing, but this team is also capable of being knocked out in the round of 32. I will concede and say I should have waited for the final NCAA bracket before I predicted the Sweet 16 as the Shox's ceiling. How far a team advances in March Madness has a lot to do with the match ups. I'll rescind this prediction and wait until Selection Sunday.
        True you may be a "realist" but for the last year and a half you have gone from Shocker realist to just REALLY REALLY WRONG "realist" like a 100% of the time. At this point its obvious you are wishing the SHOX to lose just so you can get some credibility back. Just curious when was the last time you predicted a Shox victory in a "meaningful" game?. I think you had them one and done in the tourny last year...correct?. I vote not a Shocker fan at all, just a KU troll......lol

Comment

Early on I agreed with you, that you were a realist. It was easy to be a realist before 2011. As someone who has become more of a realist every year I even defended and agreed with you a fair bit of the time. But as a realist, I've recognized something.

If there were such a thing as Realist Island, you, me and several others were on it. Now, this is no stationary island. It moves along with the level of the team we follow. But it seems you haven't moved at the same pace as the island and are now standing in the Sea of Negativity, having no idea that you're all wet from the chest down.

And for the record, I've seen some of your posts on the KU board over the years. The LAST think KC Shox could be labelled is a KU troll.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
            But I think most think you are a KU troll.
            I don't.

Comment

I have similar feelings as Royal on this.

I too consider myself to be a "realist". During the 2008-2011 time period, I would say I was more in line with your feelings and thoughts and I was called a hater during that time period. Well, we struggled a bit during that time period so as a realist, it was all justified. But then, the team has progressively gotten better, all the way to the point of going to the Final Four and starting off the year 28-0 and ranked #3 in the country. That's real. I've acknowledged that.

But you - you haven't. As Royal stated, you're still on that same mindset as if we were an NIT team, struggling through the season, as a mediocre team. And that's why you have gone from rational and partially respected to a complete negative douchebag. And you actually boast about it.

Also, it's been mentioned, you're not as accurate as you once were with your loss predictions. You're getting outed as a fraud. Plain and simple.

You call yourself a "realist". WSU is a real 28-0 and really ranked #3 in the country. That's pretty much meaningless to you.

Your shtick is just old and boring now. So predictable and no substance whatsoever.

In the end, you're gonna regret not enjoying the ride when it finally does come to an end and are satisfied in life for telling everyone on an internet message board "I told you so". I betcha just can't wait til that first loss happens so you can tell everybody how right you are about everything. In the end, it's still just 1 loss, and in the end, you're still as wrong as ever.
              Last edited by ShockerFever; February 22, 2014, 01:26 PM.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

some people are so afraid of being let down that they can't stand to be optimistic. They get more joy out of syaing "I told you so" for being right one time out of 10 that they lose out in celebrating the victories.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip1381 View Post
                  Five to ten years is a long time. For Coach K another 5 years would mean another 150 wins and several tournament accolades basing that off his previous years. Another 10 years would mean 300 wins probably and at least 1 National Championship. He has averaged 1 National Championship a decade.
                  Not doubting that. Was just saying that I think UNC and Duke would be the major programs I could see Marshall wanting to go to, but when those jobs become available they'll likely be exclusive to their coaching trees.

Coach K will go down as one of the five best coaches in college history.
                  Originally posted by BleacherReport
                  Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

I don't know how to classify you in the continuum of fandom, but "realist" is not one of them.

Comment

I perfer to think KC Shox is areverse mojo guy. I think he believes if he says negative things the opposite will happen.
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Pretty sure this one was reverse jinx. In the individual game prediction threads KC has actually been one of the more bullish posters.
                        Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

KC is realing tonight as our streak continues. He can't stand the thought that we are doomed to lose a game eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                            I perfer to think KC Shox is areverse mojo guy. I think he believes if he says negative things the opposite will happen.
                            Or like the Denver Broncos fan in the Bud Light commercial. Just stay downstairs.

Comment

Working...
                            X