National Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Championship

I just can't get out of my brain how similarly we are playing to Louisville last year. We have "it". I don't know what "it" is, but we got "it".

We're gonna win the whole thing.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

I also believe this. And to hell with walking on egg shells around the jinx. It is becoming very clear that the Shox are the best team in the country. Whether we go undefeated or not.

Cant freaking wait to lay waste to 6 teams in the tourney.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I'm really starting to believe it.

Crazy stuff happens in the NCAA tournament. The best team doesn't always end up winning. But I feel very confident about the opportunity we've created for ourselves.

It's hard to imagine the change in our perspective in just two years. Who would have ever thought going into last season that we'd be in a position to consider anything short of an Elite 8 to be a failure the very next season?

The fact that people aren't beating down Coach Marshall's door throwing $4 million at him and begging him to come in blows me away. The fact that Duke and UNC are probably too close-minded to ever go out of their coaching tree delights me to no end.
      Originally posted by BleacherReport
      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

If Doc says it I'll believe. After that F4 prediction. What say ya Doc?
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Waiting for Jamar to come into this thread and snap us all back into reality with the "numbers" game.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I am just the glad preseason wet blanket posts have disappeared.

We are great. It's fine to celebrate it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              Waiting for Jamar to come into this thread and snap us all back into reality with the "numbers" game.
              No need to wait for Jamar, I'll chime in with my two cents. I've got a better chance winning the lottery than the Shox winning the N.C. You know me, I keep it real around this joint. This team's ceiling is the Sweet 16. Our 3 point FG percentage is abysmal, our overall FG percentage is barely average, we lack QUALITY depth, our post play is inconsistent, Colbey averages more personal fouls per game than points it seems, we're not terribly athletic and susceptible to teams who are, we're prone to sleep walking for a half and come tourney time, good teams will make us pay for doing just that. We haven't been tested since December and we'll be exposed for it. And lastly, we are a FVV, RB or CE injury away from our season tanking.

Now, we all know the tourney is all about match ups and upsets that end up benefitting you. After selection Sunday, I will throw out my official tourney prediction. This is just an appetizer. :)

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                No need to wait for Jamar, I'll chime in with my two cents. I've got a better chance winning the lottery than the Shox winning the N.C. You know me, I keep it real around this joint. This team's ceiling is the Sweet 16. Our 3 point FG percentage is abysmal, our overall FG percentage is barely average, we lack QUALITY depth, our post play is inconsistent, Colbey averages more personal fouls per game than points it seems, we're not terribly athletic and susceptible to teams who are, we're prone to sleep walking for a half and come tourney time, good teams will make us pay for doing just that. We haven't been tested since December and we'll be exposed for it. And lastly, we are a FVV, RB or CE injury away from our season tanking.

Now, we all know the tourney is all about match ups and upsets that end up benefitting you. After selection Sunday, I will throw out my official tourney prediction. This is just an appetizer. :)
                I think i speak for all of shockernet wheb I say if we wanted your opinion we would let you up for air. Seriously just stfu

Comment

If you are finished for now, please put JH4P's lotion and tissues back on the shelf so he will know where to find them when he comes back.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

What were your lottery odds compared to an undefeated regular season?

And on a serious note, I would almost guarantee the odds of a National Championship entering the tournament are greater than going undefeated in the regular season.

Comment

The funny part about this season is that there is not one team that does not have a weakness to exploit.

The best thing about the shockers is their defense. And defense can more than make up for a mediocre offense.

With Baker getting healthy and his shooting percentage going up reminds me of last season. And when he started making shots, the confidence level of the whole team changed.....
                      Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                      Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by capnkirk View Post
                        The funny part about this season is that there is not one team that does not have a weakness to exploit.

The best thing about the shockers is their defense. And defense can more than make up for a mediocre offense.

With Baker getting healthy and his shooting percentage going up reminds me of last season. And when he started making shots, the confidence level of the whole team changed.....
                        And by mediocre offense we mean Kenpom's #16 offense in the nation.

BTW, here are the teams in the top 20 in both offense and defense according to Kenpom:

Wichita State
                        Syracuse
                        Florida
                        Louisville
                        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Guard play wins championships. How are our guards?

Comment

I think everyone can lighten up a bit. Just sayin'.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                              And by mediocre offense we mean Kenpom's #16 offense in the nation.

BTW, here are the teams in the top 20 in both offense and defense according to Kenpom:

Wichita State
                              Syracuse
                              Florida
                              Louisville
                              I was responding to KC and him calling our offense abysmal, inconsistent and barely average. I know we are actually a better scoring team this season. :)
                              Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                              Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X