Sprts Daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprts Daily

Lootz ran an unofficial poll today..........if you could only have one of the following, which would you want?

A. Finish 40-0, with an undefeated national championship and have HCGM leave for another job, or.......
    B. Lose in the Elite 8, and have Coach stay for at least another 5 years.

So what you're asking is 1 National Championship or 5....I will take the 5 :)

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      Lootz ran an unofficial poll today..........if you could only have one of the following, which would you want?

A. Finish 40-0, with an undefeated national championship and have HCGM leave for another job, or.......
      B. Lose in the Elite 8, and have Coach stay for at least another 5 years.
      Can we get an addendum to B. that involves Lutz not asking any more stupid questions for that 5 year period? Would certainly make it more tempting.

Comment

Tough question...it's obvious that he has raised the bar incredibly high, so if WSU won one, the next guy in would PROBABLY be very great as well...I'd take the bird in the hand, narrowly...

Comment

Would lutz leave too? Ugggg, I suppose the 5 either way.
          "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

B. and its not close. Elite 8 quiets the critics, shows a great year and a great team. Marshall builds on that without fail and we ask the same question again each subsequent season....only next season....I'm taking A and the 4 years left on the contract. Staying power is what its all about. An Elite 8 puts the program solidly on the national scene with a little wiggle room. No more cinderella, just a solid program. Enter the advanced scheduling ability and even if Coach were to leave....he would leave this program in a great place.
            -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
              Can we get an addendum to B. that involves Lutz not asking any more stupid questions for that 5 year period? Would certainly make it more tempting.
              That would leave a vacuum, no doubt filled by similar questions posed on this board... :~)

The question put forth on the radio specifically did not allow for addendums. Many were put forth. All were denied..
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

40 and 0 a national title in a heartbeat. We just promote and keep the assistants and we are fine. Marshall's assistants are not Fogler's.

Comment

If he won a title, why would he leave??

I know it's for the sake of the question, but he'd have no reason to ever leave at that point. He could get any, thing, player, game, etc. he could ever want at WSU!!
                  The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post

I know it's for the sake of the question, but he'd have no reason to ever leave at that point. He could get any, thing, player, game, etc. he could ever want at WSU!!
                    No doubt. It was a gut check for Shocker fans. The number of callers taking the NC was well north of 60%
                    and rising, but Bruce noted that many SHOX fans would take the 5..
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I imagine that folks on this board would lean slightly toward B; but was not surprised his radio listeners chose A. Plus he subliminally tilted the scale. For me, this last 5 years has been a great ride, and I (selfishly) would take another 5, no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                        That would leave a vacuum,
                        No, it would get rid of a vacuum. Lutz sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post

I agree completely and called in to tell them so. Coach would never leave here if he went 40-0. He's already said he will never rebuild a program again. The only places he might condiser won't have openings; Duke, Kentucky, NC. It pissed Lutz off when I told him that so it was kinda amusing. I'm not going to let a hypothetical question that's stupid get me riled up.

Comment

I would take the national championship in a heartbeat. I would love coach to get to the elite 8 and stay another 5 years... but that National Championship shuts every critic up period and vaults WSU ahead of quite a few schools in terms of places to play,coach,win etc.

Comment

He thinks it is stupid for fans to discuss pollsters and why they won't rank the Shocks higher but then asks this...who is the stupid one here?

Comment

Working...
                              X