Sprts Daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    I have to be honest a Final 4 and 26-0 already surpasses my wildest expectations. 40-0 and a National Championship is almost more than I can comprehend (although I admit that is not that high of a bar).

I think I will be satisfied with just letting this magical season play out and see where we end up. Augusta National though sure sounds like a nice destination.
    +1
    Just feeling the flow...doing the bull dance.
    I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

Originally posted by kochHead View Post
      Not a great argument because for every program that hires a coach who doesn't continue the success of his predecessor, there are probably 50 that are hired at losing programs who never bring their team from the abyss. It's just not as noticeable because you never notice the losers in the first place. When a program like Indiana falls flat we notice, when Jacksonville State makes a new hire and he fails, no one notices, it's just status quo. Also, Roy did win a NC at UNC, Ben Howland made the NCAA 7 of 10 years with UCLA (3 Final Fours in a row), so even with your examples you do not prove your own point. I would gladly take 3 Final Fours in a row.
      I can see his point but he used the wrong examples. There's a reason people say you don't want to be the person that follows a legend. Look at Matt Doherty, Tubby Smith and Mike Davis. The latter two were pretty successful and still got run off. Obviously a team hiring after a strong run will get a more highly regarded coach. Sometimes that's not enough when the new coach only gets 3-4 years to prove himself.

Comment

I believe we'll have HCGM for at least another 2 years because of VanVleet and Baker. If you are a head coach, why would you want to leave behind the best backcourt combo in the country?

Comment

Working...
        X