No announcement yet.

What is with these referees?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think my main gripe, and Coach Marshall's as well, is with the inconsistency. You go from not calling corn row dude running over Matt in the first half, to calling Ramon for barely brushing a player away from the play, then don't call Ellis' elbow clearing out, to calling the hold on Hatch while Cooz is draining a 3.

It went both ways tonight, it just seems the other teams seem to benefit more from it than the Shockers have this year. It continues to seem as if it is called tight until our front line is lined up at 3, then they loosen the calls but our front line backs off for fear of fouling out.

It was nice to see Coleman get called for 5 of the 9 obvious fouls he committed.

Comment

greatly officiated game tonight, don't have any complaints with any of the calls. I was a little worried that Marshall got a T for being on the court when he and McCall had that collision. That would have fired me up a little bit, although it could have been the right call. Great job by Eddie H in the KSU game giving the double T to Blake Young and that big dude for Tech. Might have considered throwing Young out for the punch that he almost threw. Still don't see what the big deal is about Eddie H, by far one of the best officials I have ever seen in a D1 game, I couldn't even come close to being as consistent as he or any other D1 official is, which is why they are there and I am not.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
        How could anyone complain about tonights officiating?
        Well, it's obvious that I could, I don't understand the f'ing problem

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas
          greatly officiated game tonight, don't have any complaints with any of the calls. I was a little worried that Marshall got a T for being on the court when he and McCall had that collision. That would have fired me up a little bit, although it could have been the right call. Great job by Eddie H in the KSU game giving the double T to Blake Young and that big dude for Tech. Might have considered throwing Young out for the punch that he almost threw. Still don't see what the big deal is about Eddie H, by far one of the best officials I have ever seen in a D1 game, I couldn't even come close to being as consistent as he or any other D1 official is, which is why they are there and I am not.
          Ed is noticed to much.

when i watch games that have crazy/questionable calls all of a sudden, i look down at the ref and realize "oh ****, thats Ed Hightower, no wonder this game sucks."

it seems like he enjoys being a major player in the games he calls.
          veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas
            Still don't see what the big deal is about Eddie H, by far one of the best officials I have ever seen in a D1 game
            After posting this, it all makes sense.

Thank you.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

You're on you own there shockerfanmas. You're still the only official in this area I've talked to that doesn't think he's a tool. He is consistent though. He consistently takes over games. He consistently doesn't trust any of his partners and makes numerous AT&T calls. He consistently makes calls with a "hey, look at me" approach. And he's consistently bashed by every other official I know.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I didn't think the officials were bad. I'd have given CGM a T, tho.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                  You're on you own there shockerfanmas. You're still the only official in this area I've talked to that doesn't think he's a tool. He is consistent though. He consistently takes over games. He consistently doesn't trust any of his partners and makes numerous AT&T calls. He consistently makes calls with a "hey, look at me" approach. And he's consistently bashed by every other official I know.
                  I'll have to disagree with you here Sub. To me his style has more panache. Like "oooh, weee, look at me" you know flair and flamboyance.

Go Shocks!!!!
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
                    I didn't think the officials were bad. I'd have given CGM a T, tho.
                    For what?

Comment

Must not have seen the game. Coach came out onto the floor, I think to call a time out. Play was transitioning back to the basket in front of our bench; official was jogging back, watching play and ran right into Coach. Official got blindsided, really got hammered. Coach was definately out on the floor.

Comment

T could have been warranted for being on the court and throwing a hip check on said Ref.

BTW, Eddie initailly gave Beasley an and 1 for continuation then after everyone in the gym including the commentators voiced their opinion he rightfully changed his call. This guys SUCKS!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
                          Must not have seen the game. Coach came out onto the floor, I think to call a time out. Play was transitioning back to the basket in front of our bench; official was jogging back, watching play and ran right into Coach. Official got blindsided, really got hammered. Coach was definately out on the floor.
                          I'd have to go back and watch but I don't think they were coming up the court.

It was an accident, and coach was planted.

Comment

accident or not he can not be out on the court!

Comment

Originally posted by hutchshox
                              accident or not he can not be out on the court!
                              Obviously it isn't as big of a deal as you are making it out to be.

Comment

Obviously you didn't go back and watch..........

Comment

Working...
                                X