What is with these referees?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again...it's all relative.

Billy Gillespie hasn't been OFF the court yet this season. Many other coaches spend WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to much time standing on the court.

Gregg doesn't do it very often. Only when he wants to make a point. Now he does do a fair amount of walking. :good:

Comment

not making it out to be, but with the big attitude many officials have been showing lately he could of gave Marshall a T by rule , especially after getting embarrassed by getting knocked on his A@#!

Comment

By rule he could have gotten one and I was wondering if he'd get it. Yes, it was an accident but like I've been told many times by those I look up to, if I'm running down court and run into a coach beacuse he's standing in the court of play to give him a T. Now, I try and avoid them if I see them and I've done that a number of times every year, but by rule it can be given.

What was funny was Coach was explaining himself for the next 5 minutes.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Define on the court

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
            Must not have seen the game. Coach came out onto the floor, I think to call a time out. Play was transitioning back to the basket in front of our bench; official was jogging back, watching play and ran right into Coach. Official got blindsided, really got hammered. Coach was definately out on the floor.
            I did see game. My recollection was that as coach was signaling for TO he was stepping onto the court. I understand the ref could have T’d him up but it seems in most situations that coaches are T’d at the point they’re vehemently arguing with the ref as they’re stepping onto the court. This was not the case last night and probably the reason he did not receive and did not deserve a technical.

Comment

He did have both feet in the field of play.

And with that being a "point of emphasis" this year, I'm surprised he didn't get T'd up. But it's possible (highly likely) that he got a stern warning.

On the play right after that PJ got an and-1 call from the same ref. So he must not have been too upset! :)

Comment

Coach Marshall setting the pick on the ref was worthy of a Dah dah dah, Dah dah dah, E-S-P-N Play of the day! A little better footage and it might have been nominated. That ref dropped like a sack of potatoes.
                :good:
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Other refs should have called the obvious charge, HCGM clearly had position. I think in that situation the head coach gets a 3-to-make-2 dunks off a mini-trapoline. That would have put us up by 2 or 4 at the end of regulation. Assuming _HE_ could make the bunny.
                  I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

Working...
                  X