I Want a U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Want a U

Probably getting tired of me saying this, but I want a U. I shouldn't have to justify it.

Give the Shocks a U ESPN.

And while we're at it, how about some ideas from the creative folks out there for how it should look, as well as ideas for a WSU related This is SportsCenter commercial that's LONG overdue.

How about Gregg sitting in a classroom getting pointers on coach-speak? He could just look totally annoyed, maybe someone could try and tempt him with a bush? What if WU was shown a mid major poll and somebody congratulated him for being on top all year? WU could go nuts and tie 3-4 of the people together like wheat...Harvest Angry. ..I don't know I'm bad at these things. Seems like you could have some fun with it.

Ideas and thoughts?

I heard that Fox Sports 1 hired the U designer away from ESPN. His paycheck bounced and is renegotiating with ESPN to come back and finish the job. There is hope!

Comment

Should it be Wu with the nose and some stocks of wheat at the top of the U?

Comment

As my Shocker son said, "How hard could it be? Our mascot has a two-letter name, and one of
        them is a "U!"

Comment

They can make us a billboard, but not a U?

Come on.
          Last edited by ShockerFever; February 10, 2014, 10:43 PM.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Probably getting tired of me saying this, but I want a U. I shouldn't have to justify it.

And while we're at it, how about some ideas from the creative folks out there for how it should look, as well as ideas for a WSU related This is SportsCenter commercial that's LONG overdue.

How about Gregg sitting in a classroom getting pointers on coach-speak? He could just look totally annoyed, maybe someone could try and tempt him with a bush? What if WU was shown a mid major poll and somebody congratulated him for being on top all year? WU could go nuts and tie 3-4 of the people together like wheat...Harvest Angry. ..I don't know I'm bad at these things. Seems like you could have some fun with it.

Ideas and thoughts?
            Okay I found you one. I am not asking any questions and please don't volunteer what you did with her. That's between you and the ewe.

Ewe.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
              Okay I found you one. I am not asking any questions and please don't volunteer what you did with her. That's between you and the ewe.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1256[/ATTACH]
              If you value virgin wool, keep that ewe out of Springfield.

Comment

Didn't someone on the board make one a few years back. I feel that I've seen one round. It looked as good as you would expect.

Comment

I just spent about 30 min whipping one up, did somebody else beat me to it? Damn.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I got nuthin' in the design department. However, maybe we could mount a SN email campaign to Bristol until they capitulate. Claim they are prejudice towards one of the four major food groups, or even worse, anti-gluten. Bring in Bradley A. Pistonik or the ACLU. Get Panera Bread and the Pillsbury Dough Boy involved, hell maybe even get the Butler Plumbing Group or Klein Flooring and Construction to help. You know, think BIG!

EDIT: I just emailed them, here is a link to provide feedback to ESPN: https://r.espn.go.com/members/contact/tvindex
                    Last edited by I_Vector_Wu; February 11, 2014, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Network can't afford a U for a top 5 ranked team and projected 1 seed? That's kind of mid-major.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Ewe guys make me laugh!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Ideas and thoughts?
                          One would think our mascot would lend itself to be a pretty cool U too. Now is definitely the time and surely ESPN has to realize that they'll be able to use it for years to come as we'll.
                          "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

Originally posted by I_Vector_Wu View Post
                            I got nuthin' in the design department. However, maybe we could mount a SN email campaign to Bristol until they capitulate. Claim they are prejudice towards one of the four major food groups, or even worse, anti-gluten. Bring in Bradley A. Pistonik or the ACLU. Get Panera Bread and the Pillsbury Dough Boy involved, hell maybe even get the Butler Plumbing Group or Klein Flooring and Construction to help. You know, think BIG!

EDIT: I just emailed them, here is a link to provide feedback to ESPN: https://r.espn.go.com/members/contact/tvindex
                            Ditto!

Comment

Originally posted by chitown_shocker View Post
                              I just spent about 30 min whipping one up, did somebody else beat me to it? Damn.
                              Not sure what you do for a living, however you might have a future with ESPN. "I like it, I like it a lot!"
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X